Gear position indicator/ tool kit

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
boyd

Gear position indicator/ tool kit

Post by boyd »

Looking at some photos of the model 14 I am waiting on and I've noticed it is missing the gear indicator, I figure I could probably fabricate one, or is this an easily only obtained part.? also wondering if anyone has a list of what tools came with the bike originally? I'd like to put a kit back together.
Janet

Re: Gear position indicator/ tool kit

Post by Janet »

The gear indicator is available at the Jampot Spares.
You will find information about your bike at this website, http://www.archives.jampot.dk/owned by Christian Gyde an enthusiast and club member from Denmark. This link http://www.archives.jampot.dk/Book/Owne ... Manual.pdf should be helpful. It lists the tools towards the end.
boyd

Post by boyd »

Thanks Janet, much appreciated.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

As a new owner of a bike, you first need to know what you have got. It may be a mixture of years and parts . Once this is confirmed you will need a parts list and manual. Its amazing how many people come to me seeking parts and information for a bike they have not got, having already spent money on wrong parts, discarding correct parts.
boyd

Post by boyd »

True, I haven't ordered anything yet tho, just getting a little excited at the immenent arrival. No harm in a little preparation.
I will wait till the chickens to hatch and then count.!!