Petrol type

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
en7jos

Re: Petrol type

Post by en7jos »

poplargreg wrote:Not everything one gleans from the internet is current or even correct!
Especially if you read it on an old bike forum! :o :o :o

"In Hong Kong, as there is no oil refinery plant located in Hong Kong, Gasoline was imported from Singapore, which is 98 RON. However, V-Power sold in gas stations rumored reach 107 RON (the highest native RON for consumer grade commercial petrol across worldwide). Such figure is not supported by actual test, nor is it confirmed by Shell and which is contradicted from a reading material for Legislators of Legislative Council"

107 octane rating, would you believe that!?! Interestingly I phone round the tech support hotlines for a few of the local petrol companies in HK to enquire about their octane ratings (as I was advised NOT to use 95 octane petrol in my modern Vespa). None of the 'technical' people I spoke to at the petrol companies even knew what octane was, let alone how much was in their fuel!

James :?
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

It will run on mostly any petrol we can get, but keep well away from fuel with 'Ethanol' added . This is the devils brew for old carbs and your paintwork!
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
davegsx

Post by davegsx »

saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Bluidy hillarious, shame I understand what he actually is saying, but I just ignore that.

But the sub titles, how true it is :headbang:
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
poplargreg

Post by poplargreg »

One of the best of many! Bet someone will take offence though (as usual)!
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

There are lots of these, try this one, does contain some strong language though! :D

It's all just riding motorbikes