East London and Essex meet.

davegsx

East London and Essex meet.

Post by davegsx »

I would like to thank all that attended the meet last night for making me welcome. I would like also to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year :beer: . Yet again a very good turn out. The location is fantastic it would make a very good rally location.
It is a pity that I can't attend more of the meetings due to my shift patterns.
Just a thought could you change the branch name to The East London And Essex plus the North London one.
Regards,
Dave.
Rob Harknett

Re: East London and Essex meet.

Post by Rob Harknett »

The section has organised, Jampot, Alternative and International rallies, including a rally at our present meeting's venue. Check out photos section 2011 alternative rally. The section would need to have a very long title to cover all areas of London and 4 counties it draws its members from.
Malleon

Post by Malleon »

Rob Harknett wrote:The section has organised, Jampot, Alternative and International rallies, including a rally at our present meeting's venue. Check out photos section 2011 alternative rally. The section would need to have a very long title to cover all areas of London and 4 counties it draws its members from.
How about "Home Counties Excluding Surrey and Kent Section", Rob??? :evil:
Janet

Post by Janet »

davegsx wrote:Just a thought could you change the branch name to The East London And Essex plus the North London one.
Regards,
Dave.
Am I the only one who took this to be a joke, ie, 'the North London one', like there was 'the Tamworth two'? This isn't the first time I've found something in a post to be funny but someone else has responded in a very serious way.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Malleon wrote: How about "Home Counties Excluding Surrey and Kent Section", Rob??? :evil:
Sussex has bi-sectional members.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

As far as I know, no border lines are drawn for sections and no rules for the section name, be it a county or area.
When applying to set up a section, consideration is given to the closeness to another section in an effort to spread them evenly within a catchment area. The East London and Essex section was started by a person living in Dagenham Essex & met a few miles north east at a country pub. You cant get nearer to East London & Essex than that. I hear tell, this was born out of the Essex branch. That sort of split, but you could not have two sections close together. The dividing result was E London & Essex section of the AJS & Matchless OC and a new club, British Owners club ( Essex ) Our club evolved, membership grew and section meeting places migrated. This has led to additional sections in areas and name changes. More recently, in the south East
Kent gained a South Kent section. Suffolk & Essex section that once serve those borders split to form North Essex and Suffolk sections. The section organisers are doing a very good job for our club, bringing members together, organising events etc. That's all that matters really. Malcolm suggested excluding Kent from E London and Essex. Years ago it would had been quite a trip through London or ferry across the Thames estuary, from Kent to Essex. Now they can be in Essex via a 2 minute dash through a tunnel, nipping back home under cover a darkness via the bridge. Likewise the Eastenders could go south. ANY ONE IN HERTFORDSHIRE feel they have too far to go to a section meet? How about running the Herts section a little more central in the county? There's a Venue in Stevenage that offered a meeting place, a pub that was renamed "Vincent" the VOC meet there.
davegsx

Post by davegsx »

Janet wrote:
davegsx wrote:Just a thought could you change the branch name to The East London And Essex plus the North London one.
Regards,
Dave.
Am I the only one who took this to be a joke, ie, 'the North London one', like there was 'the Tamworth two'? This isn't the first time I've found something in a post to be funny but someone else has responded in a very serious way.
Hi Janet,
You are right i was having a Tufnal, but it looks like it has back fired. :rofl:
Janet

Post by Janet »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
Malleon wrote: How about "Home Counties Excluding Surrey and Kent Section", Rob??? :evil:
Sussex has bi-sectional members.
See, this is a club built on equality and diversity. :lol:
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Ah well end of topic, now we all know the meaning of the posting.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

When it backfires it is often the timing at fault
Sam