BIKE LIFT 1550kg

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
1957M30

BIKE LIFT 1550kg

Post by 1957M30 »

This is a lift I purchased and am using currently:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1500L ... ent=safari

Very sturdy and most importantly for me it lifts to a good workable height :!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ride Safe & don'wear beige :lol:
clive

Re: BIKE LIFT 1550kg

Post by clive »

Ho do you secure the bike to the lift? Looks like its balanced. if you removed the front wheel would it stay balanced? Could you use it when removing the engine? Mine is the more traditional platform lift with stays fr tie downs but its much more bulky and takes up much more space, mind you the floor is not as clean either.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

I have one Clive and as you say it is balanced and for working on I strap it down but it is awkward which is why I mainly use the main work platform type as opposed the the quad bike lift.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Whilst I'm glad you're pleased with your purchase I'd advise great caution as / when you strip / work on the bike. As others have observed it is very unstable, removing components or pushing / pulling on fasteners etc. could cause the bike to fall and damage itself if not you. For serious work I'd advise a platform type lift with eye bolts for attaching securing straps. I went for the 'X' lift type as the overall length does not change as its raised and lowered, (unlike the parallelogram type).

Regards Mick
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

Mick D wrote:Hi

Whilst I'm glad you're pleased with your purchase I'd advise great caution as / when you strip / work on the bike. As others have observed it is very unstable, removing components or pushing / pulling on fasteners etc. could cause the bike to fall and damage itself if not you. For serious work I'd advise a platform type lift with eye bolts for attaching securing straps. I went for the 'X' lift type as the overall length does not change as its raised and lowered, (unlike the parallelogram type).

Regards Mick
Hi Mick
Sorry for not replying to your post but have been busy chasing my machines history.
I find the lift very stable and only move it with the pull bar that came with it.
Yes am sure it could be pushed off the stand otherwise.
My safety is paramount so am always carefull having been and taught engineering

Cheers

Karol
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

Just added front castors on outriggers, the trolley is much more manouverable now.
AJS all ready for the road 🏍💨
Now time to give the ole C12 a once over and a LED lighting upgrade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.