Polish Rally

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Janet

Re: Polish Rally

Post by Janet »

Not as artistic as Maxim and Vincent's video but my excuse is that I've never done one before. You can find a short video of the start of the Sunday Run here (if I've uploaded it correctly) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlM3oIf ... e=youtu.be
vincentvv

Post by vincentvv »

Nice work Janet. I am a guilty straggler I'm affraid :oops:
Not fired is always a misser!
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

For many years wooden bike stand boards were made for Jampot rallies. There would be a big pile of them at check in. It was quite a job for organisers, there would about 300 bikes , over 600 people. A stencil would be made for them to be painted, with at least Jampot 1989 for example, often the venue name. Quite a few members kept them as a souvenir of the rally. I've a load hanging in my garage plus a box full, all different years. That was in the days when everyone camped in a field at a rally. So bikes were parked by a tent on grass.
kernow kid

Post by kernow kid »

Nice video Janet, gives a good impression of the run and an impressive looking venue!
Am I the only one who keeps seeing this post and thinking Polish Rally....one for the concours and super shiny brigade?! Yes , I probably am.... :roll:
Regards kk
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

No photos of 2017 IJR archived in " photo's yet " I do not think videos can be uploaded. Perhaps that's something for the future??? Club history would be better if in the clubs website. Till then I guess its you tube and face book etc.
clive

Post by clive »

That's probably because there is no International 2017 folder yet. Admin? Or can anyone set it up?
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

clive wrote:That's probably because there is no International 2017 folder yet.
The folders are now ready for the 2017 main rallies.
Corners like a Lego man
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Sorry, I thought you had to enter a folder name. Several times I have uploaded photos promptly for rallies, even 30 odd pic's once for another member who had problems. The folders must have already been there.
leswaller

Post by leswaller »

vincentvv wrote:Nice work Janet. I am a guilty straggler I'm affraid :oops:
Me as well after I forgot to remove the security chain :oops: :oops:
Les
Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of the wise
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Been there Les this holiday ! No damage now got a string from lock to throttle! Ieft Poland on Sunday dicing with the Sunday bikers over the Tatara mountains into Slovakia and camped at Trencin, last camped here 25 years ago on my outfit.Has it changed for the better! Over 30 degrees today, I hear Blighty is pretty hot too! Off to Czech tomorrow. :beer:
Alan [Morini] Jennings