Matchless G5/G2 Chain Guard

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
Duncan

Re: Matchless G5/G2 Chain Guard

Post by Duncan »

Ozmadman wrote:Well, the rubbishy one on ebay (which isn't a lightweight one anyway) is going for £132 and needs a load of work, will be interesting to see if anyone bids on it.

This is "British Only Austria", I find a general rule of thumb is to halve the price asked to come up with a realistic value.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Duncan wrote:
Ozmadman wrote:Well, the rubbishy one on ebay (which isn't a lightweight one anyway) is going for £132 and needs a load of work, will be interesting to see if anyone bids on it.

This is "British Only Austria", I find a general rule of thumb is to halve the price asked to come up with a realistic value.
I will sell mine if I get what I want for it, I know what I paid for it and the amount of work involved getting it to look half decent. If not I will just keep it as I won't be "giving it away"
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
shifter

Post by shifter »

Thank you Paul what a good honest no messing answer I'm with you on this one
shifter
?
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Ozmadman wrote:
Duncan wrote:

I will sell mine if I get what I want for it, I know what I paid for it and the amount of work involved getting it to look half decent. If not I will just keep it as I won't be "giving it away"
Paul & William, just to clarify my comment was not directed at yourselves or what you decide to ask for your respective chain guards, it was merely my observations of this particular seller, it was not meant to come over any other way.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

No worries Duncan :beer: will agree with you though that the aforementioned retailer is a tad on the expensive side
Paul
1960 Model 8
Ozmadman

Re: Matchless G2 / G5 Rear chain guard

Post by Ozmadman »

Ozmadman wrote:See my comments on this thread http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23059
Thought I might have got killed in the rush! apparently not
Paul
1960 Model 8
shifter

Post by shifter »

No problem Duncan thank you
?
Rangy65

Post by Rangy65 »

Think I will help you out here - EVERYONE PAUL HAS A SPARE CHAIN GUARD!!!!!! Send him a PM for details :roll:
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Rangy65 wrote:Think I will help you out here - EVERYONE PAUL HAS A SPARE CHAIN GUARD!!!!!! Send him a PM for details :roll:
Ha Ha thanks
Paul
1960 Model 8
clive

Post by clive »

Ozmadman wrote:
Rangy65 wrote:Think I will help you out here - EVERYONE PAUL HAS A SPARE CHAIN GUARD!!!!!! Send him a PM for details :roll:
Ha Ha thanks
Paul I have been a bit slow on this. If you do have a chainguard for sale please use either the adverts feature or the section of the forum dedicated to advertising. Advertising is not allowed on the general forum
Regards the Advert Police.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix