Back on the road again!

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
MikeM.

Re: Back on the road again!

Post by MikeM. »

The pub is 255 miles away from the Model 31, I have been trying for several days to remove the gearbox but without luck, the near side engine plate gets caught under the mag and is behind the timing chest. Having another go tomorrow now we are back home,
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

mike , what are you doing to the gearbox , there are few jobs you cant do with the casing in place in the bike
I rebuilt my gearbox in Italy when I lost a gear tooth ,
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

In the Auvergne and climbed a 1000m to the col de peyrol at 1589m. As usual puzzled motorcyclists ask us had we come all the way from England on such a small bike? I am tempted to say yes but have to admit otherwise! One cyclist had " lost his legs" when he reached the summit, it is a 6km. Climb! Heading south tomorrow.
Alan [Morini] Jennings
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

I am unable to change down from third to second and second to first and will be getting Dave Coates to deal with it. I have finally removed the gearbox from the frame after removing the dual seat, draining the oil tank and removing that, I could then pull the oil pipes out of the way to get the near side engine plate off and then remove the gearbox. Nuff said!😤
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

No problem with my Morini gearbox! Anyway, back on topic had a good rally at Ax les thermes with about25 Vincent's the odd triumph and even a french matchless! Went up a col to 2000m. with no barriers on the hairpin bends! It's too hot for me but most late afternoons we get a clap of thunder and a bit of rain to cool off. Spent 4 hours repairing a puncture on an old '64 Harley! You try to get the back wheel out and you will see what I mean! Rally over and moving towards Avignon.
Alan [Morini] Jennings
REW

Post by REW »

I know Avignon quite well. Best campsite is Villeneuve les Avignon on the north bank. Short ride to Avignon itself plus a local town etc etc. Enjoy.
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Enjoyed Avignon there was a festival on so it was a bit manic! Of line for a bit then the forum was down! Now at Barcellonete staying with a friend at 1000m up a goat track! Went over the col de bonette with Judy on the back of our friends buel, a bit scary, 9200ft!! Cold at the top, but met 3 Italians all on big modern stuff but were amazed to see my little Morini up there. Soon be time to turn for home!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Am safely home! Hotter here than in France! See you all at the " Jampot"!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

alanjennings wrote:Am safely home! Hotter here than in France! See you all at the " Jampot"!
See Alan, you spent all that money on fuel getting your tin tent 'to parts furren" and you could have spent the money on barbies, wine and beer in the back gardening still got a suntan :rofl: