Rear number plate mounting G5

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
silverbob

Re: Rear number plate mounting G5

Post by silverbob »

Hi ozmadman yes that does help I think, been doing a lot of research and your back light seems to be a lucas L529 am trying to find a wipac S179 though even these seem to come in two types. back plate is great is this original. Bob
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

silverbob wrote:Hi ozmadman yes that does help I think, been doing a lot of research and your back light seems to be a lucas L529 am trying to find a wipac S179 though even these seem to come in two types. back plate is great is this original. Bob
Ooops! yes forgot about that. I have now got the original type lens (S179) fitted to a single stop/tail lamp base (possibly a Lucas L529) The original lamp had separate tail and stop bulbs but the base shape must be the same as my lens fits perfectly. Yes, that is the original back plate
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
silverbob

Post by silverbob »

HI ajscomboman will see you there
silverbob

Post by silverbob »

Hi Ozmadman that second picture and remarks are great as both your original light are available and also the correct lens but not both together, this could be an expensive rear light. Nearly ordered wrong number plate as the one on ebay had round curve where it meets mudguard but it had continuous curve from top of light to sides and I see yours are sculptured great picture. Still trying to work out how to get a picture on here.Ah! writing this have just seen it must be an age thing
silverbob

Post by silverbob »

003.JPG
Hi guys Have just found out how to download a picture onto this site so so here is a picture of my number plate and light which I am changing when I find new parts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.