ajs h6

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
vincentvv

ajs h6

Post by vincentvv »

Hello all,

I bought a ajs H6, basket case.... I am looking for some parts and yes I know they are rare :cry: Someone could help me with cams? I got a pair but they are in bad condition. Plus the cilinder now measures 76.23 mm (original 74mm) what could I do best? Have a custom piston made/ new sleeve inside the cilinder (although I think this is not possible due to the lack of space..... Any people with expercience can give any hints? A gearbox is also wanted )-:

Not fired is always a misser!
Rob Harknett

Re: ajs h6

Post by Rob Harknett »

You will have more chance finding parts within the prewar e group. If you have parts but in bad condition they may need to be repaired, you could get advice how to do this or who can do it for you. As parts are rare to find you may only be able to swap parts. So you do need to make sure you know exactly you have got, to make sure you are looking for the correct parts you need. There is an Excel file in the archives, that will give all details to ID cams. I cannot post it here. I could e mail this file to you. One reason these projects are still found is because people give up looking for parts. What's wrong with the gearbox in the bike?
vincentvv

Post by vincentvv »

I will re-open the discussion in the e-group Rob. Thanks!
Not fired is always a misser!
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

John Quirk is the expert on cams Vincent, but not so active these days. If you post a topic to the prewar group, on H6 Cams ( only ) it may catch his eye and get a response.