Front Fork Assembly 18s

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Mick D

Re: Front Fork Assembly 18s

Post by Mick D »

Hi

There is a fairly thick rubber washer below the lower ring, (item 18) - do you have these?
Forks.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive

Post by clive »

Almost certainly it's the rubber that is missing it's item 18 in Micks illustration above. Part number 021910 available from the spares scheme @72p each (incl VAT). The bad news is you will have to drop the stanchions down again to fit them.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

Yes that's missing, just the cup, I will order them, thank you for all your help, taking them apart again not so bad once you've done it before, cheers Cliff
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

Just thought I would give an update and a thank you for all advice, so enjoying this, now put the front forks and parts together, replaced the Japanese headlight with an old WD Lucas, replaced the Indian speedo with a WD Smiths and quite a few other small details, not fully wired yet but getting there, again many thanks and hopefully will complete for birthday 60 in July, cheers Cliff.
AJS 18S 1956.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Cliff, looks great. You must be a rich man to buy the tool instead of making it up.

Or more likely I do things on the cheap.

Johnny B
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

A Yorkshireman doing things on the cheap!- never! :lol:
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

Johnny B, thank you,

if I had made the tool I would probably then need to make a new set of forks, and then I would of needed to go back to college,

the tool the club provides is excellent and can be used for either sizes of forks,

I even took the forks off my AJS Stormer today and stripped it back down to a scrambler, cheers Cliff.