Hello.

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
DAG1947

Hello.

Post by DAG1947 »

As a newcomer to the site I thought I should introduce myself.

I answer to Dave, David or oi you!

I'm in that state of grace called retirement. (I really can recommend it! It's the 50 years leading up to it I didn't really care for).

I am the owner of a shiny new Tempest (Roadster) in blue.

My first road going motorbike in 1963 was 1959 Model 14 (in blue). In the intervening years I have had a variety of off and on road bikes from a 1960 7R through a short stroke m16 trials, and a Harris G80 plus an assortment of "Other makes" including a CJS Yamaha! (Yes I know the Tempest engine is based on an old Yamaha design (YBR) but built away from japan).

I started my career as an "Apprentice Motorcycle Engineer (that's what my indentures say) in London where we did everything from manufacturing ally triton engine plates to race preparation so I got a good grounding.

I continued in the motor industry ending as Homologation Engineer for Volvo Car BV. I then took a giant change of direction and became an Emergency Medical Technician (Ambulance man) which took me to retirement.

So that's me! 8-)
dave16mct

Re: Hello.

Post by dave16mct »

Welcome Dave, I hope you enjoy your new AJS and your retirement.
Dave.
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Hi Dave and welcome
You will find these guys a really friendly and helpful bunch
I've had my eye on those tempest bikes you will have to let us have updates about performance and reliability as you get to know the bike
Enjoy
Regards Chris
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

Hi Dave, welcome to the club, would love to know your first impressions of the Tempest, maybe you could write a paragraph or two about it, Cliff