I really enjoyed today at Kettering.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ajscomboman

Re: I really enjoyed today at Kettering.

Post by ajscomboman »

Rob Harknett wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:
g80csp11 wrote:I hope the profit from my large spares order helped pay for the sandwiches . Rob talked me into doubling my order to 2 primary cover gaskets rather the one I actually needed. good run back with Ray and his new restoration project
That was the hardest sale I made during the whole day but it was well worth it! :rofl:

I personally thought that it was a great turnout, and as the Vincent OC weren't there I'm convinced that the turnout was greater. I love the banter being behind the counter and acting out my much undeserved grumpy reputation! :beer: :beer:
You're a rotten actor Rob, you don't look a bit grumpy.
SDC15271.JPG
My disguise is even better Rob! That's not even ME! :rofl: :rofl: That was Andy after hearing he'd lost out on taking more than £1 from thrifty Peter! :rofl: :rofl:
RL

Post by RL »

Enjoyed the open day, good to see lots of people and have a chat with some new faces and old acquaintances. Also lots of bikes for sale which I believe one was sold on the day just how it should be and hopefully it will continue for years to come. Well done to all who made it happen.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

ajscomboman wrote:
g80csp11 wrote:I hope the profit from my large spares order helped pay for the sandwiches . Rob talked me into doubling my order to 2 primary cover gaskets rather the one I actually needed. good run back with Ray and his new restoration project
That was the hardest sale I made during the whole day but it was well worth it! :rofl:
Oh oh, even though Peter spent a LOT of money on gaskets, He STILL has a problem with the P11. He may be after a refund when he next sees you Rob :rofl:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Peter Morris wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:
Oh oh, even though Peter spent a LOT of money on gaskets, He STILL has a problem with the P11. He may be after a refund when he next sees you Rob :rofl:
Non-refundable Peter. I gave thrifty the option of spending over £5 to ensure a refund was possible but he came over all faint and opted for the non return option of £4.85 ish :rofl:
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

ajscomboman wrote: Non-refundable Peter. I gave thrifty the option of spending over £5 to ensure a refund was possible but he came over all faint and opted for the non return option of £4.85 ish :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Its not the new gasket , I thought I could get a few more years out of it and that oil was there before I carefully parked the bike at the 'Butchers hook café as the destination of out brunch run today

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/catego ... 678597402/

I will fit the new gaskets during the next scheduled maintenance in 2020. although its more likely that there will be some unplanned maintenance before then

and Peter , its funny we don't get a picture of the oil under your show winning bike , or perhaps that was there before you parked as well !
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

g80csp11 wrote:Its not the new gasket , I thought I could get a few more years out of it and that oil was there before I carefully parked the bike at the 'Butchers hook café as the destination of out brunch run today

and Peter , its funny we don't get a picture of the oil under your show winning bike , or perhaps that was there before you parked as well !
:rofl: :rofl:

.....and, what, was there oil under my Ajay? I can't see any in the picture ;) . You do realise it's mine and not Resto Ray's don't you? :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

i cant see any oil under mine in that shot . much better
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

g80csp11 wrote:i cant see any oil under mine in that shot . much better
You take no notice of them Thrifty, just keep saving for the planned maintenance and come and see me next Open day with the £5 you've saved up for the full service items you'll require! :beer:
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

g80csp11 wrote:Its not the new gasket , I thought I could get a few more years out of it and that oil was there before I carefully parked the bike at the 'Butchers hook café as the destination of out brunch run today

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/catego ... 678597402/
Facebook, have you finally signed up to Facebook? click on OUR page and help put some content on it....... seems out of all the Sussex membership, only 4 or 5 have seen it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2307860139434620/