J&S Accessories motorcycle clothing

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

J&S Accessories motorcycle clothing

Post by Plugsnpoints »

Following on from Poul's issues with Feked, it has prompted me to tell everyone about my recent experience with J&S Accessories.

I thought it'd be good to let people know how they deal with faulty goods.

Last October I bought a Frank Thomas Spitfire leather jacket from them at their Braintree store. It's a smart, warm jacket.

However, It soon become apparent that the buckles were faulty, as they wouldn't stay done up.

A few weeks ago I turned up at the shop and saw the manager, and politely asked him how to get it sorted.

His answer astounded me "We don't make them, what do you want me to do about it?"

This got my back up instantly as you could imagine. I had to quote the consumer rights act stating this isn't merchantable quality etc.

He offered to send it away to be repaired, not a replacement. I emailed head office and they eventually offered me a brand new "modified" jacket. They'd sewn Velcro in the wrong places to try and get around it! I'd decided enough was enough, and accepted the £30 discount and get it repaired locally.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, they don't have a great returns policy if you have faulty goods. I'd be very wary of buying anything from them now.