International Jampot

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
beachfm

International Jampot

Post by beachfm »

Many thanks to all involved with running the international jampot last weekend. l had a great time, well done everyone. Mike
CharlesDP

Re: International Jampot

Post by CharlesDP »

Quite agree, and anyone who didn't / couldn't go missed a great do
Thanks everyone - Charles

Could you order fine weather in future please, just ask Carol Kirkwood - note to the Jampot organisers ;)
Last edited by CharlesDP on Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Ditto!!😁
Alan [Morini] Jennings
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Good run home with no problems with all five bikes but wet and cold. Well done to Colin,Janet and Ann for all there efforts excellent rally.
Roy
les ward

Post by les ward »

Had a great time. Thanks to all the organisers.
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Very many thanks from the Surrey contingent for a most enjoyable International Rally. It was good to meet up with the various Continetal friends for the first time for several years.
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

I seized the opportunity of keeping the tent dry and headed home after the run on Sunday , fast run back only stopping for fuel
by all accounts a wise move as I hear from other Sussex members that the rain on the way home was heavy .
REW

Post by REW »

Thanks to Colin, Janet and Ann for a great rally which was helped by the "close contact" with all the other rally goers - you get to know people much better that way! Thanks too to the sections that made me very welcome in their group as we have not got a N E section as such, but ideas afoot.

I decided a good long run in the warm and dry homewards on Sunday made a lot of sense and John joined me to upsticks and away just before lunch. The view across the Lincolnshire wolds towards Lincoln (of course!) was made all the more majestic by the Spitfire and Lancaster flying towards Coningsby and home.

Such stuff are memories made of.
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I posted the comment , below, on the IJR 2019 thread but it seems that this is the one where the comments are actually being made so:

"Thanks Janet, Anne, Colin and everyone involved. I enjoyed myself. If anyone has any complaints I suggest that they put their hand up to arrange and manage an event and demonstrate that they can do better! No human endeavour is perfect and there seemed to be a very small team trying very hard to do everything.

Need to book the Jampot now.

PS Forgot to say we (edit - Ron Walker the lead) decided to bail out early just before the run on Sunday and apologies for not saying farewell and thanks to "people". My brother tells me the rain was / is torrential and with a long run home I proved I'm a softie. It's the packing up in the wet that's the worst though."

Johnny B
rumble

Post by rumble »

Indeed, as usual a great time with great company. Just need to dry out now and I don't mean externally!

Jampot at Horndean coming up, don't forget to get your entry in by the end of June to get the 10% rally fee discount. We'll even throw in a guarantee for the weather, yes you'll definitely get some :-D

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk