Battery Case

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Mick D

Battery Case

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I need to source a repro battery for my current restoration, the original battery would have been a Lucas PU7E/9. I have been searching the net and it appears there are good and bad available.
I do very little driving at night so am happy to stay with 6V incandescent filaments but I think I'd like to get a repro battery case with a modern battery installed inside.

Does anyone have any advice as to where to spend my money? - Ideally I want it to look correct and be functional, (I've heard bad things regarding rubber cases distorting and fibre glass one being badly moulded).

Regards Mick
Peter Morris

Re: Battery Case

Post by Peter Morris »

bitza

Post by bitza »

Try A M C classic spares for repro Lucas case.
raffles

Post by raffles »

Mick
I have been using the rubber casing supplied by the club on two bikes for around five years with a modern
dry battery also supplied by the club the only mod I have done is two drill five 3/16 holes in the base this
allows the battery to slide into the with ease and for easy removal. As long as they are not over tightend
they dont distort
Tony
clive

Post by clive »

raffles wrote: I have been using the rubber casing ....... As long as they are not over tightend
they dont distort
Tony

However there is always a chance they will fall off when the retaining bolt undoes! I now have an additional strap to make sure the battery stays put if I loose the retaining bolt again :headbang:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Janet

Post by Janet »

clive wrote:However there is always a chance they will fall off when the retaining bolt undoes! I now have an additional strap to make sure the battery stays put if I loose the retaining bolt again :headbang:
Don't loose it and then you won't lose it. ;)
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

clive wrote: However there is always a chance they will fall off when the retaining bolt undoes! I now have an additional strap to make sure the battery stays put if I loose the retaining bolt again :headbang:
Having lost my battery when out on a ride a few months ago because of this I made a mod to the toggle screw in the form of a small diameter hole.
The replacement is now wire locked in place ....

Alan
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
ajsph

Post by ajsph »

Here is my solution
Poul
20190628_123011_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive

Post by clive »

Very neat Poul
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Richard Mills

Post by Richard Mills »

ajsph wrote:Here is my solution
Poul
20190628_123011_1.jpg
I put a nyloc nut on the end of the thread.