Spada motorcycle jackets

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

Spada motorcycle jackets

Post by 56G80S »

Hi All

I'm thinking it's about time I forsook the Belstaff jacket that I bought in the 1970's. Re-waxed it over winter and the cloth wearing quite a bit where the habitual creases are on the inner bend of the elbows etc. I've got some more modern legs, although they're heavy with the protectors in and still use the Belstaff ones when it's warm but wet.

Anyhow, being careful with funds I was looking at the Spada kit and the Spada Lati2ude jacket, currently on offer at reduced price.

Any opinions from anyone?

Johnny B
ajscomboman

Re: Spada motorcycle jackets

Post by ajscomboman »

56G80S wrote:Hi All

I'm thinking it's about time I forsook the Belstaff jacket that I bought in the 1970's. Re-waxed it over winter and the cloth wearing quite a bit where the habitual creases are on the inner bend of the elbows etc. I've got some more modern legs, although they're heavy with the protectors in and still use the Belstaff ones when it's warm but wet.

Anyhow, being careful with funds I was looking at the Spada kit and the Spada Lati2ude jacket, currently on offer at reduced price.

Any opinions from anyone?

Johnny B
Yep, don't waste your money! Lower end of the motorcycle clothing range and is a piece of crap! My son bought Spada jacket and boots. Got wet everytime it rained.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Cheers, reviews online not a reliable source of info - hence the post tonight.

Johnny B
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

I have a Merlin wax jacket and a pair of yachting salopettes , these come up to the chest both very waterproof, neither were particularly expensive, the only problem with the salopettes is the fact they have to be partially removed if you want a pee!. kind regards
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

I bought some Spada unlined over trousers - they leaked around the crotch area from new and so did a colleagues.
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

Martin.S wrote:I bought some Spada unlined over trousers - they leaked around the crotch area from new and so did a colleagues.

I have to ask now-did they leak from the outside in or the other way round? :rofl:
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Thanks a lot. Looks like I might have to spend a bit more money!

Urbanrider has what looks like a straight rep[lacement to my current Belstaff but reduced to only £350:

BELSTAFF TRIALMASTER TOURIST TROPHY WAX JACKET - BLACK
x
We price match!
Seen a product cheaper elsewhere on a UK website? We'll beat that price by 10% giving you the guaranteed lowest price possible. We also match the price of EU sellers. Simply fill out the price match form on the product you are interested in and we will get back to you swiftly. Please note the 10% price beat does not apply to sale items.
Belstaff

£575.00

£350.00

Cheers

Johnny B
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

I have to ask now-did they leak from the outside in or the other way round?
I wouldn't care if I was leaking from the inside out - at least I would be warm but when you can feel the rain seeping in and then the cold water reaches your Gonads - I hate that!
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Martin, I did look at the Merlin jacket but didn't like the look of the zips at the front, prefer flaps only as they are usually effective.

It is a good bit cheaper than the Belstaff.

Johnny B
david pollard

Post by david pollard »

i always buy Weiss jackets and over trousers never failed