CSR Handle Bars

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Martin.S

CSR Handle Bars

Post by Martin.S »

CSR handlebars - were they the same from 1962 - 1966? - Would anyone have the part number and possibly dimensions, pictures, maybe a source?
Cheers
Martin
Martin.S

Re: CSR Handle Bars

Post by Martin.S »

I've put in a wanted ad but failing that would anyone know of a similar type?
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

Please - Does anyone have a pair of CSR handlebars that they could measure for me - they appear to be swept back but no pull back.
Cheers
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Sizes are approx. Off very my low mile unrestored bike. I fitted Ace bars but need to keep the original bars for the bike
1966 Matchless G2CSR Bars.jpg
66 G2 CSR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

Rob - That is a great help - Thank You
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Perhaps not seen, the bars lay quite flat. That may be a good test, as bars are often raised somewhere.
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

These Triumph T90/100 bars look so similar but the bents are not as tight and they're not as deep - bringing the hands closer to the tank - and reading period right ups- pinching of the thumbs was a problem.
T90.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

There are pinching thumbs problems bars are tight to the tank. You do need to turn them in the clamp to get max clearance. I have found some Triumph bars are 1" dia though, not sure if my memory is correct about that.
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

I've fitted these Triumph bars, they're flat but as said before that they don't lead as forward as the CSR bars, I cut 7/8 ths from the middle to make them a little narrower but I just can't arrange the cables so that they don't touch the paintwork. Am I trying in vain and they did foul the paintwork from new?
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Martin.S wrote:I've fitted these Triumph bars, they're flat but as said before that they don't lead as forward as the CSR bars, I cut 7/8 ths from the middle to make them a little narrower but I just can't arrange the cables so that they don't touch the paintwork. Am I trying in vain and they did foul the paintwork from new?
I don't think it was ever intended cables would not touch paintwork somewhere. More important they have no sharp bends so they function OK. also will not snag on anything and cause an accident.