bitza

Re: New Carb

Post by bitza »

From my I - pad
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Ozmadman wrote:
raffles wrote:At the present time the club are the cheapest anywhere for all monoblocs and possibly others
why is it that most people on here always look to other suppliers first?
Tony
Because generally the club are not the cheapest supplier for many parts and rightly or wrongly, this ingrained perception of club spares has that effect
It would be nice for members to support the club rather than make such comments, may be one day you will need a part from the club that no one else has invested in.
Roy
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

G15 Roy wrote:
Ozmadman wrote:
raffles wrote:At the present time the club are the cheapest anywhere for all monoblocs and possibly others
why is it that most people on here always look to other suppliers first?
Tony
Because generally the club are not the cheapest supplier for many parts and rightly or wrongly, this ingrained perception of club spares has that effect
It would be nice for members to support the club rather than make such comments, may be one day you will need a part from the club that no one else has invested in.
Not everyone has limitless funds! I live on the state pension now and look for the cheapest price in everything I buy whatever it is and in the case of bike spares if that is the club then that's fine but if not that's fine too. I do in my weekly food shopping as well, Christmas presents, clothes etc,etc. I am sure most on here unless they are rich do the same and wouldn't spend more on items in your food shopping just to support a certain shop. If I needed something from the club and they were the only ones who had it I would buy it if I had the money but there is no harm in hunting around to save a few bob which is often the case. No point in getting on your high horse about it it's life and most people I know would do the same. I was merely stating why I think others look to other suppliers first and giving and honest answer to a relevant question.
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Far from being on my high horse. I'm merely pointing out the facts. The clubs parts service is run just like any other other clubs, being that it relies on the support from dedicated members who wish to see the marque survive and the bikes in continual use. Without members support then any clubs parts service will go the way of the local high street shop! A case of use it or lose it! As a small business the clubs parts service has very little buying power and cannot place orders in high enough unit quantities to command the best going rate. Coupled with the fact that our overheads are substantially higher than other competitors our prices are naturally going to be slightly more.

The club is run and administered by a few volunteers and 2 paid staff. The volunteers are dedicated and enthusiastic with the sole aim of keeping the marque alive. If all members adopted the same approach of continually going for the cheapest option regardless then we may as well shut the shutters now. However as our far flung overseas members are not in such a fortunate position as those in the UK we'll continue for as long as is possible. They aren't in such a fortunate position as the UK members and therefore rely on us doing what we can are grateful that we do it. It's true we don't always get it right and for the lowest price, but at least we try!
Roy
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

:headbang: :headbang:
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Oldcarguy

Post by Oldcarguy »

Have ordered a new carb from the club.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

And your order is much appreciated.
Roy
raffles

Post by raffles »

Have you asked them to jet it for your model
Tony
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Got mine from the Club, jetted to suit and worked a treat when fitted.

Johnny B
Oldcarguy

Post by Oldcarguy »

The carb arrived with 2 jets and throttle stop kit with O ring