Silver Streak transfer 38-12-F390

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
AJSgeirarne

Silver Streak transfer 38-12-F390

Post by AJSgeirarne »

This transfer should be for rear number plate. Does someone know how it looks, and where it is placed?
I'm still wondering what colour codes to use on the blue and grey striping.
Geir Arne Sørlie
Rob Harknett

Re: Silver Streak transfer 38-12-F390

Post by Rob Harknett »

rear guard SS.jpeg
Silver and Blue available from VMCC transfer service £4. It is placed just clear of the clear carrier, where it can be clearly seen looking at the back of the bike. Why not buy the transfer and match the blue and silver to it, so the blue and silver lining matches the bikes rear guard, AJS tank transfers etc. It would not look right if colours do not match. Same answer I gave last time you asked Geirane.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

https://www.vmccshop.net/ajs-tank
0001066_ajs-tank_480.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AJSgeirarne

Post by AJSgeirarne »

Sorry for not seeing your last reply Rob. However, your attachment is F384, for rear mudguard. F390 is for rear number plate according to spare list.
Geir Arne Sørlie
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Sorry, I miss read Geirane. I was not aware of there being a transfer on the no. plate. 38-12-F390 only seems to be listed for 1938. Its not listed for 1939, not checked 1940. I can only think it would have been a small AJS logo. I think VMCC only list the SS mudguard and petrol tank transfers. You could check that out.
AJSgeirarne

Post by AJSgeirarne »

No problems Rob. I bought my transfers 10 year's ago from Classic transfers, hopefully I can use them soon😀 I suddenly got my eyes on this in my spare list and got curios. Not even Arne E was sure about this transfers, so that's why I ask in different forum's.
Geir Arne Sørlie
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Were the transfers you brought 10 years ago the same as those I have shown here Geirane? Notice the AJS logo's are not identical.
I am not aware of any bike having a number plate transfer. Perhaps it was only used in 1938 and then dropped, due to a legal problem.
AJSgeirarne

Post by AJSgeirarne »

Yes, transfers are the same.
What's the difference between quick reply and post reply? My quick yesterday don't show up.
Geir Arne Sørlie
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I do not know the difference between reply and quick reply Geirane. Perhaps webmaster@jampot.com can advise you.
clive

Post by clive »

Quick reply does not give you access to all the facilities such as uploading pictures or internet references which are available in post a reply ( If you are half way through you can get to the "post a reply" facility from the "quick reply" if you click full editor at the bottom). In both systems you have to click submit at the bottom. Sometimes if someone else has answered whilst you are typing it will not submit your entry but instead show you the new post and ask if you still want to post yours, again you have to click submit.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix