Late 14/G2CSR cigar silencer

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
WiltshireMike

Late 14/G2CSR cigar silencer

Post by WiltshireMike »

I contacted Armours regarding availability of the later 'cigar' silencer. They can do their ARMSN1A silencer with a 1 ½” inlet to suit 14 / G2 for £78.00 P&P +VAT with 2-4 weeks lead, which looks similar, but not identical to the L/W item.

They're not a million miles away so I'll take my original-but-battered exhaust to see what they may be able to offer.
ColourNcoat

Re: Late 14/G2CSR cigar silencer

Post by ColourNcoat »

WiltshireMike wrote:I contacted Armours regarding availability of the later 'cigar' silencer. They can do their ARMSN1A silencer with a 1 ½” inlet to suit 14 / G2 for £78.00 P&P +VAT with 2-4 weeks lead, which looks similar, but not identical to the L/W item.

They're not a million miles away so I'll take my original-but-battered exhaust to see what they may be able to offer.
Well that sounds promising. Will have to have a look on their website👍
Reynard24

Post by Reynard24 »

The ARMSN1A is the cylindrical type rather than cigar shaped and without the top and bottom seams, compared to the originals they look awful.
There is a chap in Slovakia who makes the cigar shaped silencers for the 1963-on heavyweights (1 5/8 & 1 3/4 inlets) but his English was not good when I tried to contact him in 2014. You could try Miloslav Krska his email then was buyakatbuyak.sk (use the @ symbol). I think Mike Partridge at Walridge Motors in Canada deals with him too so he might be able to help with email address if the above doesn't work but I assume you would need a dimensioned drawing with the mountings for the lightweight frame.
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Speak to Den at Alldens
https://m.facebook.com/Alldens-Exhausts ... 524635747/
When I was there earlier this year collecting my Panther exhausts he was making a batch of stainless systems for Honda C90s for someone in South America. They were superb and only a few quid more than a mild steel job. Den's philosophy is that he should see you only the once - unless you go back with another bike for him to build a system for. :D Having watched him work and seen his products Im convinced that hes a wizard.
If you have the old one for him to copy you're half way there. He can copy the precise shape using an amazing 3d machine.

Steve