New Centre Stand

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Pharisee

New Centre Stand

Post by Pharisee »

My new "Rob Swift" centre stand came back from the powder coaters a couple of days ago, so yesterday, I spend an interesting hour or so fitting it to the G80CS. It fitted very well and wasn't as difficult as I'd expected. It angles far enough forward to be stable and holds the rear wheel clear of the ground. That should make life a bit easier for this decrepit ol' fart :lol: :lol:
John
IMG_0781[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
oldandsmelly

Re: New Centre Stand

Post by oldandsmelly »

I've got one of these fitted to my 650 twin and it is beyond amazing. The bike goes up onto the centre stand with the merest whiff of pressure.

What's needed now is a redesigned side stand to replace the standard one which the bike will fall off on anything other than perfectly flat ground with no puff of wind or anyone near it.
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

oldandsmelly wrote:I've got one of these fitted to my 650 twin and it is beyond amazing. The bike goes up onto the centre stand with the merest whiff of pressure.

What's needed now is a redesigned side stand to replace the standard one which the bike will fall off on anything other than perfectly flat ground with no puff of wind or anyone near it.
+1 for the centre stand. My 650 is transformed.

My centre stand is OK; does yours not go far enough forward? I got rid of the 'fly up' stand by locating the anchor point for the spring further forward.

Malc
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

I keep thinking about getting one, but does the lifting lever stick out too far on a single? :)

I find the twin more front heavy than my M16, and harder to pull on the stand!

Andy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Plugsnpoints wrote:I keep thinking about getting one, but does the lifting lever stick out too far on a single? :)

Andy
The arm on the CS and Single stands is 35mm closer than the Twins as there is no extra pipe or silencer to clear.
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

ajscomboman wrote:
Plugsnpoints wrote:I keep thinking about getting one, but does the lifting lever stick out too far on a single? :)

Andy
The arm on the CS and Single stands is 35mm closer than the Twins as there is no extra pipe or silencer to clear.
Thanks for that. I'll be putting an order in when I've fixed my big end! :)
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

A small word of warning, the stand is designed around original tyre sizes, if like some you then decide to up the rear to a 4.00 from a 3.50 the bike will roll off much easier. I'm sure the advert policeman will veryify this (Stupid boy! Pike.). :headbang: :headbang: I can supply extensions that can be welded on to raise the bike to compensate. It's the reason why I ask for tyre sizes and model when ordering.

Also the frames all vary in wear around the frame rail lug/stand stop. If the bike stands too vertical when carrying out a dry run without the spring on (you all do that don't you?) you can if required dremel out the indentation in the stand deeper, this allows it to go more over centre. I don't make them deeper from scratch as some frames are way more worn than others.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Where's the adverts police?
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

39speedtwin wrote:Where's the adverts police?
Hiding his head in shame for putting on a larger tyre I should think! :rofl: :rofl:
clive

Post by clive »

The adverts policeman is thinking of suing the supplier for the damage to the indicator when he knocked it off the stand whilst moving another bike. Fortunately the indicator was only 4.99 from ebay so the bill won't be high. The 4.00 tyre was fitted to stop concussion punctures when travelling 2 up. Didn't work as i hit a bad pothole and got a puncture first time out. Now having to think about a much more radical alteration - loosing some weight.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix