Bike History.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ianw1

Bike History.

Post by ianw1 »

I'm trying to find some history of my bike, ie which dealer my bike was sent to after leaving the AJS factory, I don't know if the Club will have records of this?

The bike is a 1938 350cc Silver Streak, reg no ECV 345.

The bike was first registered in Essex on 30 June 1938.

The bike was owned by the same family in Redruth from 30/06/1938 till 04/03/1986, being the 1st owner of the bike.

The bike was then owned by a gentleman in Redruth from 04/03/1986 till 28/01/1992, being the 2nd owner of the bike.

The bike was then owned by a gentleman in Humberside from 28/01/1992 till 06/11/2018, being the 3rd owner of the bike.

The bike was then owned by a gentleman also in Humberside from 06/11 2018 till 27/10/2020, this genleman never registerd the bike in his name so there is no record of him being a registerd keeper.

The bike is now owned by me in Wirral from 27/10/2020 till to date, me being the registerd 4th owner of the bike.
Somewhere along the line the old buff log book has gone missing. I have the names & addresses of the 3 previous owners, if they are still with us & was thinking of writing to them to see if I can trace the original log book. Good idea or not?????
dave16mct

Re: Bike History.

Post by dave16mct »

I know of members who've done this with good results, pictures, etc. Others have had a different experience, pestered forever with offers to buy 'their' bike back. I've never bothered.
Dave.
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

do the county hall records not show this information , most likely the registration would have been logged by the dealer
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

>Somewhere along the line the old buff log book has gone missing. I have the names & addresses of the 3 previous owners, if they are still with us & was thinking of writing to them to see >if I can trace the original log book. Good idea or not?????

My experience is that most previous owners are keen to share fond memories, pictures etc. Retrieving the log book is a long shot though. Go for it! Good luck.

-Knut
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I got pestered for quiet some time by a previous owner that wanted HIS bike back, he did say he still had a lot of its parts wheels carb etc. and the logbook. I got letters phone calls for ages. I blew my top when he said, I saw MY bike at a show today, I wish I could have taken it, it is My bike I have the log book for it. I rescued it from a field and got it all together restored. The person I brought it from told me the previous owner still had the old logbook and gave me his address. I did the wrong thing asking if he would let me have the log book.