fitting new inner tube - valve puller

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
g80csp11

fitting new inner tube - valve puller

Post by g80csp11 »

valve puller.jpg
tube valve puller .jpg
Having struggled to get the inner tube valve through the rim with a new tyre i was just about to make a valve puller when i looked on ebay and found one . another tool i need
I guess everyone else already has one , or small hands !

easier than a home made one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uktom77

Re: fitting new inner tube - valve puller

Post by uktom77 »

Ooo I could've done with that a couple of weeks ago (and smaller hands ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I got one after a fixing a flat away from home and feeling my fingers would never work again.

Takes up no space and worth having.

Johnny B
peter ranson

Post by peter ranson »

A tip I was told and have used for years when fitting a new tyre is to put the tube into the tyre first then feed the valve through the rim and secure with the nut a few threads. You can then put the tyre on the rim with the valve already fitted.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Get a very long lever, say 18" to give you added leverage / strength. Put the tyre on one side. Put the long lever under both sides. just as you so if removing the tyre. it will give wide access to pop the valve through through the hole. Put the lock nut on a few turns so the valve does not pop out the hole. Pump up the tube a little so you don't nip it and refit rest of tyre. The long lever also makes life easier to start removing a tyre.
Iron Head

Post by Iron Head »

Particularly on the trials type tyres I have now fitted on both G80s, I'm firmly sold on the tube inside the tyre all trussed up by cable ties method. The valve protrudes it's full length and is the first thing you install along with both side walls (tight up next to each other) into the rim recess. Soap on the rim and walk the tyre on with your heels. Tube is totally protected and, if you do need a lever, is safely out of harms way. Beefy cable ties required which can be reused.

Iron Head
Chazzyb

Post by Chazzyb »

peter ranson wrote:A tip I was told and have used for years when fitting a new tyre is to put the tube into the tyre first then feed the valve through the rim and secure with the nut a few threads. You can then put the tyre on the rim with the valve already fitted.
That's the way, also with just a little air in the tube.
Charles