Weekly quiz

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rob Harknett

Re: Weekly quiz

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajscomboman wrote:
quizmaster wrote:Happy new year quizzers, just an attempt to out flank the grumbles. In order to cope with the fact that new year did not fall on a Monday, and to avoid part of the week having no picture, I have run the same picture for the end of 2020 and the beginning of 2021. I am hoping that when the "winners enclosure" is revealed on Monday evening both parts of the week will appear. But this does mean you may have to look in both entries to see your name.
New Year and a new idea for the quiz is coming up, blame the Chairman if you don't like it ;)
Don't stop at blaming him for changes to the quiz, blame him for everything!!!!!!!!!!! Takes the flak away from me for a change. :rofl:
I did'nt think the Chairman was going to stand this year. Thought he was going to sit and take it easy :headbang:
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

quizmaster wrote:Happy new year quizzers, just an attempt to out flank the grumbles. In order to cope with the fact that new year did not fall on a Monday, and to avoid part of the week having no picture, I have run the same picture for the end of 2020 and the beginning of 2021. I am hoping that when the "winners enclosure" is revealed on Monday evening both parts of the week will appear. But this does mean you may have to look in both entries to see your name.
Well that didn't work, although in fairness there have been no grumbles, but 5 people who answered the quiz in 2021 (the early mag end cap one) have not appeared in the winners enclosure. Maybe they will after this month Monday, maybe they will forever be slighted. :rofl:

The rally picture this week is proving difficult although there are clues in the photo. Same idea next week with another rally to identify then we are back to the normal parts quiz pictures.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

quizmaster wrote:
Well that didn't work, although in fairness there have been no grumbles, but 5 people who answered the quiz in 2021 (the early mag end cap one) have not appeared in the winners enclosure. Maybe they will after this month Monday, maybe they will forever be slighted. :rofl:

The rally picture this week is proving difficult although there are clues in the photo. Same idea next week with another rally to identify then we are back to the normal parts quiz pictures.
Clues are not fair for those with poor eyesight. ( Now i'm in for it ) :D
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Who cares about fair? :twisted:
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

ok guys this week it is necessary to READ the instructions
"Identify the part and tell me where it is fitted"

lots of incomplete answers so far. Giving the correct part number is good enough.

Happy Quizzing
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

f4c8059e75d21aa301174d4374ec4680.gif
I am so happy, its over 5 years since I managed to beat everyone. Straight forward picture too! And no it is not a conrod. Last weeks results come up for viewing at 6pm, monday/today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

You look Happy quizmaster and looks like you have put on some weight during Lock down :lol:
Roy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Mr Quiz man asked this question about last weeks quiz re- prop stand bolt.
35/G3/F341 (017147) bolt prop stand. To 49 is it the same as 50 on 014713 if so why new number?
Answer. 35/G3/F341 (017147) bolt prop stand. This pin had a nut STD 2 ( new pt.no. 000002
A standard 7/16" full nut perhaps. 014713 bolt prop stand was not the same as 017147.
014713 bolt was 2 1/16" long and had a different 7/16" nut. it was also drilled at the threaded end for a split pin to hold the nut on.
Perhaps the pins were the same length and the nut on bolt 014713 was a half nut? I don't know.
Anyway the main difference is 014713 was drilled for a split pin. If the quiz bolt was not drilled, the correct answer would be
35-G3- F341 ( new pt. no. 017147 )
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Indeed Rob and the answer i gave was the earlier bolt as this example had no drilling. All the bikes i have with later frames have a thin headed bolt and the other end is drilled for the split pin.
I think this may be the new part number and the illustration was never changed in the parts lists. Perhaps i should strike from the winners enclosure anyone who put 014731. :rofl:
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I think I also have a hinge bolt with a hex head about the thickness of a half nut. As you say this could be the 014713 bolt, parts lists still using the slot head bolt artwork.