Classic Mechanics AJS Restoration Article year?

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
good-hifi

Post by good-hifi »

I have a photocopy of an article from Classic and Motorcycle Mechanics. It is part 9 of what was obviously a full series on the restoration of an AJS 250, presumably a Model 14.

The photocopy does not indicate which year this article was published and I would like to get hold of the full set but need to know the year to check the back issues catalogue of the publisher to see if they are available.

Is anybody able to tell me which year these were published and of course if somebody wants to sell a set I'm more than ready to fork out the readies.

Sorry for being a nuisance and seeming to be hogging this forum but this 'nice' bike is maybe not so 'nice' as my enthusiasm told me it was when I went to look at it. I'm sure I'm not the first!.

Good job I've still to take my test and cannot ride it yet.

Cheers
Mick
good-hifi

Post by good-hifi »

I went to Beaulieu (Motorcycle World weekend) at the weekend and found what I wanted, more or less.

The series of articles started in issue 27, October/November 1988, of Classic Mechanics. I managed to buy the first 4 of the series but need the others (don't know how many there are) perhaps someone has editions 31 onward or can help in any way?.

Anyone with a model 14 (G2) would find these most useful.

Cheers
Mick