Club Insurance Scheme

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
spookefoote1956

Club Insurance Scheme

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I saw the advert for Peter James club insurance in this month's Jampot so I gave them a call. Saved seventy quid! Two bikes, lecky leg and Cabbage, unlimited mileage and fully comp if riding other club members bikes. Sorted. I was previously with another James
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Andy G

Re: Club Insurance Scheme

Post by Andy G »

I have also moved to this scheme, and very appreciative. It's a genuine benefit to members.
As ever with any insurance, the acid test is only when you try to claim, but fingers crossed 🤞
Bombling contentedly around rural Aberdeenshire
clive

Post by clive »

Andy G wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:46 pm I have also moved to this scheme, and very appreciative. It's a genuine benefit to members.
As ever with any insurance, the acid test is only when you try to claim, but fingers crossed 🤞
I have no reason to think there would be any problem about making a claim. However it is worth remembering that this is a "Club Insurance" scheme. On behalf of the committee I have regular direct phone contact with a senior officer and quarterly zoom meetings. Should any problem arise I would be happy to offer support to a member.

Incidentally I can personally attest that the recovery service which is included has passed that acid test and works well, rather too often for my liking.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Tazmantic

Post by Tazmantic »

Can you use this scheme for other makes of bike as well or just ajs/matchless?
Everyday’s a learning curve.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I insured both the AJ and the Suzuki
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
clive

Post by clive »

Tazmantic wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:41 pm Can you use this scheme for other makes of bike as well or just ajs/matchless?
It's membership of the club that is the issue not what your ride is.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

clive wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:26 pm Incidentally I can personally attest that the recovery service which is included has passed that acid test and works well, rather too often for my liking.
A few months ago I was stranded halfway between Crewkerne and Montacute (Somerset) on bend in a country road in the dark and wet.
With no lights I could not do much - so I used https://what3words.com/ to identify my location to the recovery service.
I was classed as a motorist 'at risk' and they were there within half an hour, diagnosed loose battery terminal, fixed it (it was the Morini not the Matchless ) and saw me to my destination with a smile.
I could not ask for any more than this superb service.
Sam
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I, rather like Clive, had had too much opportunity to test the recovery service and it has worked well.

Johnny B