Centre stand

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Re: Centre stand

Post by SPRIDDLER »

OEW591 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:51 pm Is there an element of bloody-mindedness going on because there was no agreement on price......
It's basic marketing sense to maximise profit by selling direct - if you can achieve satisfactory product exposure without selling via a distributor. The market for these is small, intimate and finite so there's little benefit from having a wider exposure and distribution.
I won't comment on whether Rob should accept a smaller margin as a philanthropic gesture. What would you do?
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

There is no bloody mindedness going on between the club or myself.

The only facts I wished to point out is the club stands are nothing like the ones I produce even with the modification. That doesn't mean there isn't a place for them as some people will always want a product that resembles the original even if it doesn't perform quite the same. The price offered by the club wasn't a worthwhile adventure as the margin on the stand is already small. The stands are a small personal venture that just happens to be a bonus to all AMC owners.

Please people do not think there is a division within the committee.
Pilgrim33

Post by Pilgrim33 »

Will the new improved centre stand work on my Model 33CSR with swept back exhaust pipes?
Rangy65

Post by Rangy65 »

Hi the club spares scheme now has stock of improved easy on stands - Part number 900614.

Thanks

Steve Randall
Reynard24

Post by Reynard24 »

It might be worth fitting one to a bike at Kettering and making a video (YouTube?) showing its operation as it does look somewhat unwieldy compared to the ‘62 on factory stands and those that are available elsewhere, both of which are very easy to use.