Gudgeon Pin Seized Solid To The Little End 1967 AJS14 CSR

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
AMC250DUDE

Gudgeon Pin Seized Solid To The Little End 1967 AJS14 CSR

Post by AMC250DUDE »

Hello Everyone, new member here. I have a 1967 F reg 250 AJS14 CSR and i have had it sat for some time. I got the bike out of storage only to find that the motor would not turn over. I ended up taking the head off and using penetrant i got the piston free and i decided to take the piston off and give it a good clean and hone the bore and put new rings in. The problem i am having is i wanted to remove the piston. I removed both circlips and heated up the piston and i fully expected the pin to just push out. The problem i am having is that the gudgeon pin is seized solid to the little end. I got a G clamp and a socket and i put wood on the other end to stop the piston getting damaged and i re heated the piston and wound in as much as i dare and nothing is moving. I even re tried it after adding heat under the piston but nothing is moving. Does anyone have any ideas as i am thinking i might have to strip the motor and press the pin out on a press. Cheers. Billy.
clive

Re: Gudgeon Pin Seized Solid To The Little End 1967 AJS14 CSR

Post by clive »

If the gudgeon pin has seized in the little end then you are going to need to heat it up. This may need to be done from underneath. It may need to go very hot to give the clearance needed. Or that's what happened with one cylinder on the twin.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix