South of England Classic bike show Ardingly

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
EddieDay

South of England Classic bike show Ardingly

Post by EddieDay »

At the Surrey group pub last week someone mentioned that one of the branches would be manning a stand at the Ardingly Show on October 29th.
I had a look at the forum page for Sussex but did not see it mentioned. Does anyone know if the Club or one of the branches will have a display or stand at the show? If so are we all welcome to attend? It is less than an hour's ride for me.
SPRIDDLER

Re: South of England Classic bike show Ardingly

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Yes, Eddie, for at least the past 15 years Sussex section have had a stand at both of the Elk Promotions Ardingly classic bike shows.
Aren't you on the section email list which is used to communicate all section activities?
To get in free you need to pre-register otherwise it's 7 quid entrance to the show. Whether you pre-register or not you will be very welcome to display your bike on the stand.

Here's an extract from one of several recent Sussex section group emails about the show:

Ardingly Show Sunday 29th October - Have you booked in to Show yet
see link for booking form ( free entry if you display )
Steve and Ann Courtney are planning to have a indoor Autojumble stall , to help Nicky Evans , and also clear some of his own parts . If you are interested in also using this space (provided you are there to sell your parts) , let Steve know in advance or at club night
mention Sussex section AJSMOC with your booking ig you haven't already done so

https://www.elkpromotions.co.uk/enter-your-bike
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I've just checked and you're not showing on the group email recipients so drop a note to the section secretary Christine:

sussex@gmail.com
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Hi Neville, I’ve never heard of the group email from Sussex section possibly because since Covid and the demise of the Surrey section we have lost touch with each other. MikeM
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

MikeM. wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:48 pm Hi Neville, I’ve never heard of the group email from Sussex section possibly because since Covid and the demise of the Surrey section we have lost touch with each other. MikeM
Hi Mike. I guess it's because the section's activities are only really of relevance to folk in Sussex although being a Woke section we don't discriminate against the couple of transectionals from neighbouring counties.
The October Ardingly show has always been on the same Sunday as your section's 'Change of Clocks' run but since the show takes place the morning that GMT begins some have occasionally turned up bleary-eyed and an hour late. ;)
EddieDay

Post by EddieDay »

Thanks Spriddler. I have sent Christine an email
EddieDay

Post by EddieDay »

BTW glad to hear Sussex Section are WOKE and don't discriminate against transsectionals. :)
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

We have 72 on the section email list , and 201 on the AJS & Matchless Owners Club (Sussex section) facebook page where we share reports on activities and other stuff related to the section
As Neville says we have supported Elk promotions at Ardingly since they started , and regularly are joined by members from Essex who ride down
Free entry if you have booked in https://www.elkpromotions.co.uk/
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Due to the Ardinngly show being on the same Sunday as the Change of Clocks the CoC suffered as many people were going to the Show, we did have a meet a couple of years ago with good attendance on the Sunday before the change of clocks but I’ve not tried to organise the event again maybe hoping someone would take it on seeing I’m now in my late eighties.
EddieDay

Post by EddieDay »

MikeM. wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:31 am Due to the Ardinngly show being on the same Sunday as the Change of Clocks the CoC suffered as many people were going to the Show, we did have a meet a couple of years ago with good attendance on the Sunday before the change of clocks but I’ve not tried to organise the event again maybe hoping someone would take it on seeing I’m now in my late eighties.
Mike I have sent you a PM