Air Filter fitting issues

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
56G80S

Re: Air Filter fitting issues

Post by 56G80S »

Back again. Groily I have a relatively new (from AMOC) Monobloc fitted now. So what you suggest should fit the Bill (ha ha).

Thanks.

Johnny B
Groily

Post by Groily »

56G80S wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:52 pm Back again. Groily I have a relatively new (from AMOC) Monobloc fitted now. So what you suggest should fit the Bill (ha ha).

Thanks.

Johnny B
:D :D 'slong's there's space!
shaunstaples

Post by shaunstaples »

My model 20 monobloc is a long way out of line with the hole on the down tube and not even enough room to get the threaded ring on and off the back of the carb. The bore is nearly half an hole out of line. Not really sure whether this is wrong or how they were originally?
The r/h cyl is very oily so guessing it will need a rebore, but can’t bring myself to do the work and not have an air filter.
So I’m trying a different approach, whilst not altering anything that can’t be reversed.
I’ve made a 90 deg manifold using a 1” weldable elbow that’s used for pressure pipe work and handrails. Not had chance to try it,just Storm Babet getting in the way. This has left a bit more room on the r/h side to try and get an oil filter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shaunstaples

Post by shaunstaples »

3D printed a cover to go over the air filter, left about 5mm a side clearance.
Got out on it for a while yesterday and seems ok. I reduced the pilot jet from 30 to 25 and it’s stopped the hunting at low speed but feels like it’s a bit weak now so maybe needs a bit in the middle, early days yet.
Done another in black today, so might not clash!
IMG_8163.jpeg
IMG_8164.jpeg
IMG_8168.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shaunstaples

Post by shaunstaples »

The elbow has freed up enough room for a shallow oil filter in the space behind the kickstart where the nylon block is.
IMG_8167.jpeg
shaunstaples

Post by shaunstaples »

Got the cover fitted in black this time
IMG_8171.jpeg