Matchless G2 1962

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Rigden

Matchless G2 1962

Post by Rigden »

Can anybody tell me where I can find a diagram detailing petrol tank fixings for a1962 G2,
jackstringer

Re: Matchless G2 1962

Post by jackstringer »

You might have luck here,

archives.jampot.dk/
David Simmons

Post by David Simmons »

On mine there are two machine screws at the front, and the back is held in place by the seat, or is this not the detail you are looking for?
Rigden

Post by Rigden »

Thankyou for your help, the archives is quite incredible with the amount of info. but not on frame and fittings, my tank has two threaded holes at the front underneath and a T bolt at the rear, unfortunately that is all I have.
DRC

Post by DRC »

Rigden wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:34 pm Can anybody tell me where I can find a diagram detailing petrol tank fixings for a1962 G2,
Hi Rigden

I have just purchased a 1960 G2, everybody seems to have the heavyweight models so nice to hear from someone with a light weight, my bike has 2 fixing holes at the front and a single bolt at the back, just wondered does your bike have the chrome handlebar adjuster for lifting the exhaust valve, it says in the workshop manual that it isn't fitted to the 250 but i have seen pictures of 250's with it fitted but cannot see exactly where the cable goes.

All the best

DC
raffles

Post by raffles »

The valve lifter was only fitted to the 250 csr model. If you wqant to fit one to your bike
you would be best served by obtaining the 250csr rocker cover this would be the simplest
way out of your problem. It is possible that the club may have one
DRC

Post by DRC »

raffles wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:13 pm The valve lifter was only fitted to the 250 csr model. If you wqant to fit one to your bike
you would be best served by obtaining the 250csr rocker cover this would be the simplest
way out of your problem. It is possible that the club may have one
Ok cheers Raffles, i think i was getting confused with the choke lever, someone has taken the fixing off my bike previously as i suppose they thought it wasn't necessary, it starts ok so might just leave as is.
all the best

DC