Flywheels

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Kevin55

Flywheels

Post by Kevin55 »

hello to the collective, my question I hope is a simple one in that we're long stroke steel flywheels made with the 4 large balance holes in the same place around the diameter as the short stroke steel version ? My question is relating to having some flywheels made using the shirt stroke ones I have in a long stroke engine as a pattern, your wisdom is very much appreciated these wheels will go into a 59 engine.
SPRIDDLER

Re: Flywheels

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I can't help as I've not had a short stroke engine but this thread about making flywheels from EN26 billet may be of interest......

viewtopic.php?t=24050&hilit=flywheels+holes
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Kevin55

Post by Kevin55 »

I'm just hoping someone has a set of longstroke ones to compare with, just some measurements will be fine my friend
billbeavis

Post by billbeavis »

Here are pics of a '58 G3 flywheel. Does that help?
Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin55

Post by Kevin55 »

Hi sorry no, I have G3 and G9 iron wheels, I also have a set of late short stroke steel wheels, I just need to know if the 4 large holes around the circumference of the steel wheels are the same spacing as the long stroke steel wheels, the stroke I have the measurement gor as I can take it from the long stroke iron wheels.
Kevin55

Post by Kevin55 »

Screenshot_20240121-130928_Gmail.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin55

Post by Kevin55 »

Fgs I've stumbled on a thread that informs me steel flywheels came out in 62 so no long stroke ones were ever made which contradicts another thread I've found that states to the contrary, parts books don't state whether the wheel is iron or steel, I can't forsee a problem having some made if the balance factor is correct !