UK supply for side stand 014715

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
limeyrob

UK supply for side stand 014715

Post by limeyrob »

I'm in the process of returning my 2nd side stand to India after giving up finding a UK supplier with stock. I don't mind it being made in India but I really want to get the correct 014715 part. So far the adverts show the correct part but what turns up is wrong. As a final option i would settle for a known good Indian seller but its looking like the e-bay scammers have landed on Matchless side stands as an opportunity. Is nothing safe?
Duncan

Re: UK supply for side stand 014715

Post by Duncan »

limeyrob

Post by limeyrob »

Ah-ha, never thought of searching for the one with the foot bit. And a double fail because I used "side stand" not "prop stand" :headbang:
I wasn't happy having to buy made in India as I would forever be vary of it snapping without warning.
I take it that 900519 is dimensionally the same as 014715 or 023224 except for having the foot bit?
Thanks
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

I had the same problem with an Indian ebay supplier; listing photo was the correct part, what I received was a 'clamp round' universal stand..... which is what I already had and wanted to replace! I complained and got fobbed off about six times and then the supplier refunded all my money and didn't ask for it to be returned, so I sold it on ebay for a tenner (and yes, I did show a photo of the actual part).

I subsequently bought one of the Club 900519 stands for my 52 G80S and it is good quality, well made, fits fine and looks great
limeyrob

Post by limeyrob »

You have described my experience exactly. As I type an Indian stand for a rigid frame is sitting next to me when the photo clearly showed the offset pivot part. Seller has done a runner but e-bay refunded. Part from Club spares scheme arrived yesterday and its superb quality and a perfect fit.
Lesson learned.