Competition fuel tank suppliers - India - thoughts/experiences

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
DerekAJS30

Competition fuel tank suppliers - India - thoughts/experiences

Post by DerekAJS30 »

I'm looking for a competition fuel tank for my 52 G3Ls project. I'm trying to build an on-road off-roader. There seem to be some good deals on ebay from Indian companies supplying both steel and aluminium tanks. Many different suppliers though (probably the same people) which makes me nervous. Has anyone had experience of purchasing fuel tanks from any of these guys? If so, are they legit, reasonable quality etc?
It's not a concourse build, rather a "bitsa" but i am trying to make it nice, on a budget.
Pharisee

Re: Competition fuel tank suppliers - India - thoughts/experiences

Post by Pharisee »

I bought a "standard" steel tank for my '54 G3/LS from an Indian company, although the name of that company escapes me now. On the whole, I was pleased with it. The mounting threads under the tank were the correct thread and in pretty much the right place. The only little niggle was the threads for the tank badge... They were metric, not BA.
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
EddieDay

Post by EddieDay »

Derek I have been looking at Indian tanks on eBay for my '54 G3LS rebuild. My main concern is that they are vague about the dimensions between the mounting holes. The best one I have found is a supplier of steel tanks who have offered to make one to measure for £200. I might go that route. They are called vintage24x7.
DerekAJS30

Post by DerekAJS30 »

Great thanks