Forum names

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
TommoT

Forum names

Post by TommoT »

... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". That is exactly my point, because it is "broken"! The idea of using multi section technical fora, may be shooting sparrows with canons, but at least the Forum titles could be indicative of their uses. Secondly my suggestion was more aimed at new and infrequent users, whom may be confused by the "unhelpful" titles. The 1000+ entries users probably don't need any changes, anyway what is the saying about teaching an old dog new tricks?Edited by - TommoT on 07 May 2007 12:01:22 PM
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!
Merlin

Forum names

Post by Merlin »

Very difficult
Chemists do it with test tubes
nrbgarda

Forum names

Post by nrbgarda »

quote:
my suggestion was more aimed at new and infrequent users, whom may be confused by the "unhelpful" titles. by - TommoT on 07 May 2007 12:01:22 PM

TommoT, I appreciate that your desire for a change is well-meaning, particularly to help, and thereby welcome, newcomers, and so I was trying to look back at my earliest days on this Forum, and I do not recall any difficulty or confusion or lack of clarity in locating the topics I thought i was interested in, as far as the Forum titles were concerned.
In my opinion what is really important is that the TOPIC TITLE should be precise so that a reader knows immediately what the matter is all about and whether he is interested in the topic or not. For that, of course, the change will have to be 'within' !! but I do take this opportunity to appeal to all who post a topic to make the topic title precise and explicit. Cheers!! Naozar R. Garda, Bangalore, India. (Sorry if I sound as if I am 'lecturing'...I don't mean to. Just stating my point of view.)