G80 Weight

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
bobber

G80 Weight

Post by bobber »

Can anyone please tell me the weight of a 1950s G80S (lbs or KGs); I've aquired a trailer and want to be sure the bike weight does not exceed the load capacity of the trailer. Thanks
Biscuit
Deceased

G80 Weight

Post by Biscuit »

You really ought to get yourself a manual, or at least do a search.

Having lived up to my critics expectations :-

The weight seemed to vary, ie. 1951 386 Lbs
1955 400 Lbs
1963 394 Lbs.

bobber

G80 Weight

Post by bobber »

Many thanks
jim501

G80 Weight

Post by jim501 »

quote:
You really ought to get yourself a manual, or at least do a search.

Having lived up to my critics expectations :-

The weight seemed to vary, ie. 1951 386 Lbs
1955 400 Lbs
1963 394 Lbs.

Sounds about right. Mine fell off the stand once and it only needed three people to pick it up

cheers
jim
clive

G80 Weight

Post by clive »

Well my message is to biscuit. Did you actually try the search you recommended (as usual). I did. Bike weight threw up only this thread. wieght threw up 516 threads in the forum alone because lightweight or heavyweight fitted the bill. Have you answered this question before, if not I doubt it has been asked. Give your fellow club members a break and better still continue to give us the benefit of your obvious encyclopaedic knowledge without the moaning.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Biscuit
Deceased

G80 Weight

Post by Biscuit »

The information was gained from the AJS and Matchless archives, not my encylopaedic knowledge, this site has been mentioned here many, many times. There are other places to search.

If I want to moan because the gentleman in question can't or won't avail himself with even the basic owners manual, then I will.

Anyway, I answered his question did I not?

If you spell wieght (sic) as you did then perhaps that's why the search revealed nothing.

clive

G80 Weight

Post by clive »

biscuit the point is this site may have been mentioned many many times but not every one has been in the club that long and more especially not all of us know how to access the information. A search just run on the club site did not turn up anything for the "AJS and Matchless archives". and yes I did spell weight correctly when i did the search. So how about explaining how you turned up the weights for the different years if it is so readily available from the club site. I certainly could use the advice on how to search if that sort of info is readily available and perhaps we could ask Eammon to have some advice on how to do the searches accessible from the home page. That way more people might get the info they need without having to annoy by asking questions in the "Help" forum?
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
jonhal

G80 Weight

Post by jonhal »

This is a bit like x Factor, if you don't like it, switch channels. In other words if the question anoys just ignore it!