Transfers/Badges

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
brit_biker

Transfers/Badges

Post by brit_biker »

Hey guys, I've just about finished restoring my 16MS and I need some info on the transfers and badges that go on a 1956 model. Here is the link to the pic of the bike http://www.ajs-matchless.com/gallery/549_hres.jpg -I wonder if someone could tell me more about the badges on the bike because I've never seen anything like the one on the tool box-inspite of asking around and trawling the net...I'd appreciate anything at all. Cheers!
KRM

Transfers/Badges

Post by KRM »

Hi Brit-biker,

Sorry, no help on the badges but just wanted to say what a great looking bike. Having, rather "over restored" my G12, so much so I worry about rain etc etc I wish i'd left it finished like yours.

Great, functional, clean, reliable, and interteresting beats highly polished, and sat in the garage every day.

Unfortunatly thats what mines become but i'm addicted to it, so thats that ! Anyway - must dash...need to polish the valve covers !

Cheers

Edited by - bluekangaroo on 04 Aug 2008 10:53:04 AM
TommoT

Transfers/Badges

Post by TommoT »

Hi, I have an original blue (was that original for 1956?) toolbox/ oiltank from a 1956 M30 that looks different from the one in your picture. I venture a guess, that yours' are not the original design. I can take a picture if need be. But if you want to know where to get them, I think the VMCC Transfer Scheme in the UK is the autority on these.Edited by - TommoT on 04 Aug 2008 11:27:17 PM
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!
brit_biker

Transfers/Badges

Post by brit_biker »

Thanx guys, indeed blue IS the '56 colour.
The pic up there is the bike in it's partially unrestored state. What's foxed me is the badge on the tool box-I'm still interested as to where that came from/off. It could have been made in India years ago but it seems too perfect......