Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
kernow kid

How wide is an outfit/combination.

Post by kernow kid »

quote:
In this weather?
with my back?

Errr..who invited you??

Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
itma

Post by itma »

arkwright

Post by arkwright »

You don't have to be mad to drive a chair but it certainly helps!
paul knapp

Post by paul knapp »

Do I look mad, though, come to think about it, that day the temperature was over 40 deg. C!

Pablo
___“As a hobby for the technically minded, motorcycling provides great scope.”

J.B.Nicholson

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

itma

Post by itma »

looks bloody marvelous to me, and did I spot a vinyard on the left?
Tolly

Post by Tolly »

Have you been converted Ken? Although that looked quite easy as there were few bends. Great video, good weather.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Paul, my dear wife took a really good video of us on our "V-----t" outfit 3 years ago crossing the Swiss Alps on the way to Croatia {boasting again} IT looks bloody flat where you are!! Talking of colour-I see your Matchy is the correct colour for an old Brit. bike--BLACK!! Not so much of "the old", you lot, I'm atouch older than the bike I ride-- AS for "the Wife", that's secret!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
bjork

Post by bjork »

quote:
You don't have to be mad to drive a chair but it certainly helps!

Well, that should qualify most of the regulars on here, so why so few chairs about? Fear? Wives that are not so afflicted? I have an outfit and a wife, but rarely together she says she saw too many 'On the Buses' and 'George and Mildred' episodes.
Strangely, but happily, about 50% of young women actually ask to be taken for a spin in it I can't work it out and I'm not trying too hard either. I call mine 'The Babe Magnet', I'll try and post some pics and see if I get anymore offers, sorry requests.
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

I think Chair drivers are born, not made. I had an 18Ms given to me about 1964 with a chair. At the time I was trials riding solo every weekend and thought I knew about bikes, but that sidecar taught me different. Naturally I was trying to do the same speeds as my solo, but on right handers the back wheel used to go about a foot off the ground, coming down with a series of tyre squealing jerks, left handers it didn't seem to like at all, even with a passenger we seemed to have the sidecar in the air and the bike trying to go european on me, drive on the right, which it frequently did, luckily at the expense of a few bollards and a very long fence at Crystal Palace rather than me or the crew. My dad however could do anything with a chair, 1200 Indian with five kids inside and mum and dad on the bike plus very large trailer. Mind you that probably couldn't lift a wheel in a hurricane.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

My dear old dad once tried a sidecar-before the war{2nd. not first!!} and had an argument with a ditch and a hawthorn bush.In the 50's our neighbour had a Panther outfit and 10 kids and a dog in it!!-slight exageration!! But I do enjoy mine!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings