AJS Model 20 Clutch.

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
Karaokebrian

AJS Model 20 Clutch.

Post by Karaokebrian »

Hi Friends, Please can any one help? Took my bike into a bike shop the other day for MOT and asked if they could look at a small problem for me. The clutch cable was adjusted to its max but bit was just dragging a little bit when stationary and when changing gear. I dont know whether they shortened the cable or adjusted something in the gear box but when pulling in the leaver I get a distinct click from the gearbox and I can feel it in the lever. If I slacken off the cable I can get rid of it but then I get my "Dragging" back. Is there any articales
on this subject. Any help will be very much appreciated. One final question, cant find it in the book, would you know what the reccommended tyre pressures are for 3.50 X 19, please. Many thanks. Brian
jonhal

AJS Model 20 Clutch.

Post by jonhal »

That sounds like over adjustment at the gearbox end, then slackened off at the lever to get the correct adjustment.
Done this myself many times.
Slacken the cable off at the lever, then re adjust clutch according to the book. Trial and errorEdited by - jonhal on 20 Jun 2009 11:01:10 AM
Karaokebrian

AJS Model 20 Clutch.

Post by Karaokebrian »

Thanks Jon, Will do. wink, wink,
Thanks from your neighbour in Somerset, Bridgwater really, Are you going on Thursday?