G11CS Handlebars

Information relating to the Matchless G11 or AJS Model 30 600cc twin
matchless600

G11CS Handlebars

Post by matchless600 »

Hello All

I'm looking for handlebars to fit my Matchless G11CS. I'm trying to find the ones that give a distance of 7/8" centres between the fulcrum point of the levers to the centre of the of the nipples on the cables. I have lost my jampot spares scheme catalogue so I'm not sure if the bars are available there. Any help in pointing me in the correct direction will be greatly appreciated.

Richard
Don Madden

G11CS Handlebars

Post by Don Madden »

The JSL spares list only gives: 900632, Combined Clutch & Magneto Lever & 900633, Combined Brake & Air Lever. They do not specify the spacing & to be sure, contact them. Let the rest of us know what you find out, too, please. Cheers, Don.
Eric

G11CS Handlebars

Post by Eric »

Unless the CS model is different to others the handlebars have nothing to do with the 7/8" centres for the levers as they are a complete item in themselves and don't use any lugs on the bars, but it maybe different others will say.
matchless600

G11CS Handlebars

Post by matchless600 »

Hello Eric

You may well be right, BUT as the bars I have now have lugs (may be incorrect for the model) their length may well dictate the distance between the centre points of the lever mounting point and the cable end. In my case that distance is too long (1")and decreases the leverage thus making the clutch feel heavy (I compared a 7/8" distance bike standing next to it just yesterdayand difference was enormous)(lighter). Shorter lugs would I guess shorten that distance too, but if you are saying that the bars on the G11CS do not have lugs, then I will look in a different direction. Thanks for your input

Regards

Richard
Eric

G11CS Handlebars

Post by Eric »

That's correct the 7/8" pivot point makes a very big difference to the effort required for application of the front brake and operation of the clutch and its often been discussed in this forum, I just don't think your bike should have lugs on the bars so in one way that makes things easier you just get plain bars and sort out levers with 7/8" operating centres.

The main problem is it will probably cost more.

The marque detail experts will say if its correct for your bars to have lugs, but I don't think it should.
matchless600

G11CS Handlebars

Post by matchless600 »

Thanks Eric

Now I have the task of locating the bars for a start, have you or anyone else some ideas where they can be obtained?

Regards

Richard