Post by iandusud »

quote:
£350

What tank from whom?

Thanks Ian
Merlin

Competition Tank

Post by Merlin »

on e-Bay type Greeves into search box.They are new tanks being made will get you more info.

www.holtworks.co.uk for details or call 01621 742059.
Edited by - Merlin on 16 Feb 2011 9:14:03 PM
Chemists do it with test tubes
iandusud

Competition Tank

Post by iandusud »

quote:
Sammey Miller products sold me one of those plastic tanks 9 months ago, I was assured by them that their supplier was using a different compound/composition that was imperviouse to modern fuels, you have now got me very worried if they have now withdrawn it due to concerns. having said that it has had fuel in all over the winter and it has not gone soft and spongey as yet. touch wood. I see there is a solution called KREEM similar to petseal on ebay that is of American origen which claims to be ethanol proof has anyone ever used this stuff? I am thinking it may be an idea to use it just in case.Edited by - bunners on 16 Feb 2011 4:02:19 PM

Bunners, S.M. told me that they had had no problems with current levels of ethanol but that they had decided to order no more plastic tanks for the time being and wait to see how things develope. Just make sure you let them know if you do get problems.

Ian
Merlin

Competition Tank

Post by Merlin »

and there is more:-

HoltWorks Riverlodge
120 Imperial Avenue
Maylandsea
Essex
CM3 6AJ

Tel: 01621 742059
Mobile: 07852 190899

Email: sales@holtworks.co.uk
Chemists do it with test tubes
iandusud

Competition Tank

Post by iandusud »

Thanks Merlin. They don't list a tank for AMC bikes, but I've sent them an email.

Cheers, Ian
GOLDSTAR

Competition Tank

Post by GOLDSTAR »

I obtained a 2 gallon steel comp tank by advertising it as wanted on the adverts page of this site, surprisingly it was only 30 miles away and in pretty good condition, it was a later type with the two rear mounting ears, I had to relocate these a little forward to utilise a large hole in a casting just forward of the seat, turned up a nylon spacer to take up slack between the through bolt and the outer edge of this hole then cut the ends of a couple of complete tyre valves to use as rubber buffers at each end of the mounting, works a treat, think laterally iandusud and good luck. kind regards

there is another spelling error here but cannot se it now!Edited by - GOLDSTAR on 17 Feb 2011 09:06:40 AM
Don Madden

Competition Tank

Post by Don Madden »

Ken, Burlen is right, we have had a lot of bad fuel smuggled in the past, but not heard of the problem lately. Contaminated fuel, excess alcohol & other things happened but apparently California tightened up inspections, (I hope). I doubt the bad gasoline was from Mexico. I have read that all Mexican gasoline is refined in the US, but not in California. Cheers, Don.