Spares Discount Payment.

These are the front page News Items. Only Club members can add news items to this forum.
Rob Harknett

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by Rob Harknett »

Without knowing all the figures involved you cannot really comment.
So ask yourself, what has only doubled in price in the last 25 years. What was your wage 25 years ago, is it less than double now. Petrol has gone up from 35p a gallon to something like £7, 20 times more. But you still buy it.
To say you won't pay £10. is your choice, to shop arround is your choice. When you do that, dont forget to knock 10% off the club price when comparing prices with another company.
en7jos

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by en7jos »

£10 now seems reasonable - you only need to spend £100 to make your money back. But £5 25 years ago must have seemed rather extortionate!

Good that the spares scheme is optional rather than being lumped in to the membership, so you can make your choice. Seems unlikely that the it is making huge profits in the current climate doesn't it, and even if they were, aren't the profits going back into 'our' club anyway?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
My Matchless G3LS website is here - http://www.matchlessclueless.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------
bigwol

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by bigwol »

quote:
£10 now seems reasonable - you only need to spend £100 to make your money back. But £5 25 years ago must have seemed rather extortionate!

Good that the spares scheme is optional rather than being lumped in to the membership, so you can make your choice. Seems unlikely that the it is making huge profits in the current climate doesn't it, and even if they were, aren't the profits going back into 'our' club anyway?

Best post i've seen on this subject to date. At £10 still seems like excellent value to me for a 10% discount on any spares purchased throughout the year.
It's all just riding motorbikes
Eamonn
Webmaster

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by Eamonn »

£10 - in my part of the world that's two fish and chip suppers. To forego two portions of fish and chips each year in order to get 10% discount in spares isn't a difficult choice!

Corners like a Lego man
bigwol

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by bigwol »

2? Blimey fish and chips is cheap in your part of the world Eamonn!
It's all just riding motorbikes
Rob Harknett

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by Rob Harknett »

Send 2 Fish & Chips to Kettering, you may even get 11% off
moley

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by moley »

I am not concerned at the increase at all but i think we all should bear in mind the Andrew's Engineering and AMC CLassics which do a lot of the new parts as well and how much income will be lost if people choose to go to other suppliers which to be honest are always comparable in price. Dont get me wrong looking at the JAMPOT spares online doberry i have spent £8,500 over the last 10 years and believe the service is excellent along with the delivery. Cheers andy
Flash

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by Flash »

Sorry Rex, Got my numbers mixed up, didn't realise I put 50%. When I went to school, quite close to Kettering we had quite good results on maths 75% of us passed easily, the other 45% gave up.
Rob Harknett

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by Rob Harknett »

This is what you need to consider.
When the discount started at £5.
Only for example.
Say £5,000 was recieved from 1000 members paying the £5.
& the discount they all got, was £10,000.
For that same £5,000 received now, the discount given would be one hell of a lot more that £10k. The gap between money in and discount given just got too wide.
Malleon

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by Malleon »

Rob,
Surely this will be fully explained in the reports to the JSL Annual General Meeting as in my earlier post ? When the information is given, there should be no doubts that your 'example' is very close to the true position. In which case, JSL must have cost the Club a substantial amount over the years.
I will wait and see !
Best regards.