floppy kick start

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
Rob Harknett

floppy kick start

Post by Rob Harknett »

It was from a Vello, was that your bike we saw by the door when we arrived.
Hope you got home OK. Perhaps it may be useful to know. Jan & I usualy arrive late, so any already at the club meet with trouble can always ring us to bring a trailor over or perhaps a part.
bigwol

floppy kick start

Post by bigwol »

No Rob, mine had problems when I got it out the garage to go to Ally Pally Friday morning. I suppose I was lucky it happened then and not at a petrol stop on the way. The bike by the door on thursday night was 1608 John's, is another thread about that under "1608 balleries" but thanks for the offer of assistance for future mishaps!
It's all just riding motorbikes
GOLDSTAR

floppy kick start

Post by GOLDSTAR »

please let us know what the problem is/was when you find out, by the way there is only one L in VELO, luverly motorcycles, had two until the Viper was stolen in Belgium about 6yrs ago VM 1104 very early one I'm still seeking it, wo'nt ever give up and my homemade noose is still unused, still have the MSS though kind regards
bigwol

floppy kick start

Post by bigwol »

quote:
please let us know what the problem is/was when you find out, by the way there is only one L in VELO, luverly motorcycles, had two until the Viper was stolen in Belgium about 6yrs ago VM 1104 very early one I'm still seeking it, wo'nt ever give up and my homemade noose is still unused, still have the MSS though kind regards

I do hope you find the venom and make use of the noose Richard!

Bike fixed, twas the kickstart pawl broken. Had a spare amongst a load of gear box bits that came with the bike so will do a few short runs before the section run to Ardingly in a couple of weeks. I found an oil leak from one of the tappet covers which i sorted as well so fingers crossed she is sorted for a while.
It's all just riding motorbikes