Devon G80 n Hi

Information related to the Harris Matchless (also known as Devon Matchless)
BolserG80

Devon G80 n Hi

Post by BolserG80 »

Hello all, New-ish member. I am after some bits and information on my Devon G80. Its been in storage for the past 6 years and I have just started to recommission it.
I'm missing the side covers, old ones were black but I could do with any colour. It has a 21 T gearbox sprocket that was good for UK roads but I now want a 20 T to avoid speeding tickets. Also a rear sprocket as well. Not holding much hope of finding these in Oz.
Cheers Pete
MikeM.

Devon G80 n Hi

Post by MikeM. »

Doesn't the twist grip shut down far enough then Pete?
bjork

Devon G80 n Hi

Post by bjork »

quote:
It has a 21 T gearbox sprocket that was good for UK roads but I now want a 20 T to avoid speeding tickets. Also a rear sprocket as well. Not holding much hope of finding these in Oz.
Cheers Pete

Hi Pete, (sorry, G'day) and welcome to the forum. It's sad that the Harris G80 queries don't get much response on here. I suppose it's because there are so few of them about and so few of us actually know anything useful about them. I always read them in the hope of learning a bit about the model anyway-have always fancied one!

I do know they are a Rotax engine of course, and so it would seem likely to me that the sprockets you want would be available from places like BMW (F650 Funduro) and Aprilia (Pegaso) shops. I forget if the wheels are Grimeca or whatever, but the rear sprocket should be a pretty standard fitment too.
Hope that is not egg-sucking advice, and even if those bits are rare in Oz they should be easy mail order from the rest of the world?
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today
wilko

Devon G80 n Hi

Post by wilko »

Don't see how it will affect speeding tickets? As Mike suggests,relax the right hand a little!
ianselva

Devon G80 n Hi

Post by ianselva »

Gearbox sprockets should be available from these people - Rotax257@aol.com , they may also do rear wheel sprockets.If not try any of the sprocket makers found in the magazines such as www.Sprocketsunlimited.com

Ian
Stuoyb

Devon G80 n Hi

Post by Stuoyb »

I used to run an ex-MOD Armstrong with a Rotax Engine.
A good source of spares was Apophis Parts who offer a range of sprockets.

http://www.apophisparts.co.uk/index.php?p=2_9
BolserG80

Devon G80 n Hi

Post by BolserG80 »

Many thanks for the replies, I only rod it for a short while in Oz before the layup, now I'm back for good. With the 21T it cruised beautifully at 70 mph + but as the rozzers are so hot on speeding here 60 mph (100km) it doesn't rev enough so I'm constantly changing down to 4th.
I think most parts will have to come from UK.
Cheers Pete
BolserG80

Devon G80 n Hi

Post by BolserG80 »

Well its almost back together, just waiting on a rear sprocket and painting of new side covers. After 6 years and having been taken to bits, it Started Second Kick !

It may have been luck but I found this - http://old.mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?t=827 so I fitted a NGK DPR8EIX-9. Have also made some new and changed some old mods, so when presentable Ill post some pics.

Cheers Pete