Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
paul knapp

AJS Model 22

Post by paul knapp »

quote: 20 stroke

...I'd like to see that!

___“As a hobby for the technically minded, motorcycling provides great scope.”

J.B.Nicholson

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

chieftain

AJS Model 22

Post by chieftain »

Please don't patronise me ,and If you are friendly then goodbye
unsteady eddy
itma

AJS Model 22

Post by itma »

Last post?
Merlin

AJS Model 22

Post by Merlin »

itma an old engineer once said to me give people enough rope and they will hang themselves sounds like unsteady eddie.
Chemists do it with test tubes
itma

AJS Model 22

Post by itma »

well, if he wants to come back we can always start over again.........now we've cleared the air a bit.
Merlin

AJS Model 22

Post by Merlin »

well said
Chemists do it with test tubes
chieftain

AJS Model 22

Post by chieftain »

Jusrt to set the record straight i originally some questions to which you itma replied in an arrogant and upstart way , if that is your way then don't be suprised if someone tackles you , I have always been taught to treat someone the way they treat you , it's that simple to me , you went out of your way to belittle my self and my ignorance on an ajs model , so well done for that and i hope you feel proud that you know a lot more than me about an AJS . It just made me realise that the only way seems to be do it yourself , thanks anyway - Trevor
unsteady eddy
56G80S

AJS Model 22

Post by 56G80S »

Have to say, this is a friendly Club. The advice and help I've had has been great. Sometimes the advice doesn't come in the way you'd most like to get it but that doesn't mean it's not good.

From what I've read since using the site over the last year (although I've been a club member for 30 years) is that ITMA does know what he's talking about; just has a forthright way of expressing it.

Eddy, sure you're good at your job, but it is useful to get a sound knowledge of a particular model before purchase, or get advice from one who has it.

If you get the Model 22, you'll still get plenty of help when needed from this Club - stick with us.

Johnny B
itma

AJS Model 22

Post by itma »

Nobody went out of their way to belittle or patronise you Trevor, if thats the way you took it, then I`m sorry, you`ll notice I wiped my original post almost instantly as I thought it a little harsh, so the rest of them will not know why you are so peeved.
We have a robust sense of humour here which may take some getting used to, its the price you pay for the advice you will get here, freely and readily.
I would have thought as an army bloke you would have been OK with that and up to it?.
Your original question gave the impression that you were unsure of what you were after, and gave no idea of your mechanical abilities; Its assumed here, quite reasonably, that if you ask a question its because you don`t know the answer, and we start on the assumption that you are a novice not an engineer. It helps to introduce yourself first.
You will get your leg pulled hard, if you ask a daft question, like happens to all of us, join in, don`t get rattled.
Plenty of other tell of their daft mistakes and set them selves up for a ribbing, but there is no harm or offence in it.
If you are prepared to swallow your pride and start again, lets shake hands over the ether, and I`ll endeavor to help, as will others. Yes, I do know more about AJS than you, because over 40 years I`ve had a few, and there are others know more than me, no one is going to rub your nose in it.
what a daft thing to fall out over.
Start again?
If you are unsure of the tone of words there are all these silly faces to the right to use, like
Circlip

AJS Model 22

Post by Circlip »

Itmas right,-- You'lle have to get used to his rough ways to access his mass knowledge. I do believe he even had a job at the factory. Its amazing what you can learn pushing a brush around.

Its a price we all have to pay, but im sure it will be worth it in the end.---So they say?

All this knowledge about an old motorcycle! and of course his cutting wit and sense of humour, kinda reminds me of myself.

Hang in there Chieftain ,--like the rest of us.

Hes just a cuddly teddy bear really.

Oh sorry I forgot a silly face,eeerrrr lets see maybe this one.

Edited by - Circlip on 04 Dec 2007 02:16:28 AM