Barn Find Ebay

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
hyperon

Barn Find Ebay

Post by hyperon »

I just joined the site to let you guys know that my father has finally listed his AJS 500 on ebay with no reserve, as he is never going to get around to restoring it.

It may do someone who is looking for a resotration job of for spares as I would imagine that parts are not the easiest to get.

Item number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - finishes: 03 Jul, 2012 19:11:07 BST

Regards,

(Edited by Webmaster:
We do not permit direct advertising within the forum area, we also do not permit guests to place "indirect" adverts on the forum area. There is a specific advertising area available if required.)
itma

Barn Find Ebay

Post by itma »

Its a Woolworths bike, pick and mix

no point in restoring something thats as much a bag of mixed bits as that one.
It'd make some kind of a bike though.
rex.webb

Barn Find Ebay

Post by rex.webb »

Is this on ????????????????????//
ADVERTISIN on the Forum ??????????????????
r w webb
rex.webb

Barn Find Ebay

Post by rex.webb »

A R E ?????????????????????////
STRANGE two more bikes for sale on the same advert ??????????????????????????
Well some folk seem to get away with any thing on
E BAY .
A friend tried to sell a Scooter in this way and had it
REMOVED ??????????????????????????
r w webb
Rob Harknett

Barn Find Ebay

Post by Rob Harknett »

Yes an advert that back fired.
Readers will consider what they are buying/prepared to pay, having been alerted to take a good look at whats on offer.
hyperon

Barn Find Ebay

Post by hyperon »

Hi,

There is nothing strange about advertising a bike on ebay or even more than one bike. Sorry if I have not followed forum rules or caused offence by doing so.

My father and I are fortunate enough to have a large personal collection of classic bikes and cars, nothing untoward about owning more than one bike or car?

The AJS is quite likely a "woolworths" bike, I would have thought that any bike of that age and condition would be hard enough to find in complete original condition. Thats why it started off at 99p.

There is also a 1200 Goldwing, BSA Super Rocket, BSA Gold Star and two Honda 500 4's, 1 of only 4 remaining Lotus Esprit Turbo's and a 1972 V12 E-type Jag that we are going to sell, but then I suppose that a post in some different forums!!! And by no means is that an advert.

GOLDSTAR

Barn Find Ebay

Post by GOLDSTAR »

I have no particular views on you alerting the club regarding the sale of your AJS, my reservations are the very skant details you enter when registering as a guest, my immediate reaction is suspicion, but then I'm like that, and I would probably avoid any dealings with you until I knew better, kind regards
rex.webb

Barn Find Ebay

Post by rex.webb »

HERE HERE say i !!!
RIDE with CARE and LIVE LONG to ENJOY your Bikes and Scooters.
Insured with Peter James.
r w webb
alanengineer

Barn Find Ebay

Post by alanengineer »

Its always dodgy highlighting things like your bike on here. We have so many people on here that know what they are looking at,AND WILL TELL THE REST OF US.
CR

Barn Find Ebay

Post by CR »

Hello Hyperon (I'd do you the courtesy of using your given name, but you've provided scant information on your registration).

If you join the club and thereby help fund this website we'd have no real objection to you promoting your own ebay sales - or if you wanted to advertise formally on this website, and/or in the club magazine, and pay the appropriate fee, you'd be welcome to promote anything you like (within reason).

Perhaps I've been around this club and this forum far too long now, but it seems possible that you only registered here to promote your ebay listing and it had nothing to do with an interest in the club or the marque per se. If I'm being too much of a cynic here you'll prove me wrong and join up and pay your dues.

But for now, please respect our polite suggestion that we'd prefer you not to promote your ebay listings here at this time.