Barn Find Ebay

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
bigwol

Barn Find Ebay

Post by bigwol »

quote:

Perhaps I've been around this club and this forum far too long now, but it seems possible that you only registered here to promote your ebay listing and it had nothing to do with an interest in the club or the marque per se.

Hyperon's listing is quite clear in that he states he "only joined" (the forum) to promote his ebay sale.
I suppose one has to admire his bare faced cheek, even to the point of complaining when he gets pulled up for it! I think it was the blatant way he misused the generosity of the club in allowing non members to post in order to boost his (or his fathers) sale by targeting what he sees as a likely source of buyer that has got most members backs up. The forum is open but needs to be protected from such misuse if it is to continue in its current form. After all, it would have cost him (or his Dad) a couple of quid to do things properly and pay for an advert, and no final value fees!
It's all just riding motorbikes
alanengineer

Barn Find Ebay

Post by alanengineer »

Im also a cynic, and i distrust any advert thats put on EBAY with the statment'selling for my father/friend anybody else etc. It almost implies that the item is faulty, and dont complain on my ebay account and give me a bad rating when its not my fault
itma

Barn Find Ebay

Post by itma »

would this not be a good time to insist that profiles are fully filled in when a first post is made?
particularly a non member, it'd give us an idea of the person we are dealing with...

Dom smith is another advertiser pooped up to show the sense of that.
also Alan is dead right,Edited by - itma on 30 Jun 2012 09:02:33 AMEdited by - itma on 30 Jun 2012 09:02:50 AM
mr bump

Barn Find Ebay

Post by mr bump »

wow, you lot appear to be a tollerant and welcoming club..........not
hmmm, really!!
Malleon

Barn Find Ebay

Post by Malleon »

Really, we are !
But there is resentment when 'guests' take advantage of our goodwill !
alanengineer

Barn Find Ebay

Post by alanengineer »

how much did it go for in the end?

I have found this club, either web wise or old fashioned real contact to be the easiest and most approachable club going. It take no time at all to put some bits of information on your profile and join the club properly, its not that exensive either for what is available(dont say i said that)(and dont tell the accountant). Its just the freeloaders that take advantage that rattles some peoples cages
bigwol

Barn Find Ebay

Post by bigwol »

It went for £1221.99 Alan. Don't think it was Roy .....

I have to say when i joined the club a year or so ago i found the members very welcoming and helpful despite my complete ignorance. Going along to the section meets was an invaluable source of information and encouragement.
G15 Roy

Barn Find Ebay

Post by G15 Roy »

quote: It went for £1221.99 Alan. Don't think it was Roy ..... Did i buy It?

Yes I remember being sent to your house to check you out.
Roy
bigwol

Barn Find Ebay

Post by bigwol »

Did I pass?
Malleon

Barn Find Ebay

Post by Malleon »

Not decided yet!