Knee grips

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Al_Bolton

Re: Knee grips

Post by Al_Bolton »

Excellent! These weren't available last time I looked (about 3 years ago!). Do they have the AJS logo embossed into them? I guess they are pre-loved?

Al
Ozmadman wrote:
Al_Bolton wrote: If you search the forum, you'll find someone else asked about the kneepads, and he was eventually able to get some from a guy who supplies rubber items who made some for him - but again, not cheap and I don't know if still available. They are VERY difficult items to find. :cry:
I got mine from http://www.amcclassicspares.com/Petrol% ... 0Tanks.pdf £38.50 per pair

Paul
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Al_Bolton wrote:Excellent! These weren't available last time I looked (about 3 years ago!). Do they have the AJS logo embossed into them? I guess they are pre-loved?
Al
No they don't have the logo on them unfortunately but he has them made so they are new

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Al_Bolton

Post by Al_Bolton »

Oh I see, that's a real shame...luckily both my 8s have the originals with the "AJS" logo, very smart - one set of rubbers was very hard, so I cooked it in a solution of oil of wintergreen for a while - came out lovely and soft and still doing good service! :mrgreen:

Al
Ozmadman wrote:
Al_Bolton wrote:Excellent! These weren't available last time I looked (about 3 years ago!). Do they have the AJS logo embossed into them? I guess they are pre-loved?
Al
No they don't have the logo on them unfortunately but he has them made so they are new

Paul