Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Hellboy

Re: ebay lightweight

Post by Hellboy »

Ozmadman wrote:Thanks Sean, keep us posted as to it's progress

Many Thanks Paul
Hi paul the story is so far 8 cans of penarating fiuld and plenty of elbow grease ive removed the tank,seat,exhaust,carb,head,and yes the piston was seized so out came the blow torch and 4 more cans of gt85 and it finally gave up and unseized .i was amazed at how clean the internals are with no signs of wear . best bit for me was no broken bolts lol and ive really enjoyed meself lol .ive orded a engine gaskit set and now looking for a set of piston rings . this is my first britsh bike so will be needing some advice soon i bet lol anyway i will keep you guys up to date as i go Sean :D
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Hellboy wrote:

Many Thanks Paul
Hi paul the story is so far 8 cans of penarating fiuld and plenty of elbow grease ive removed the tank,seat,exhaust,carb,head,and yes the piston was seized so out came the blow torch and 4 more cans of gt85 and it finally gave up and unseized .i was amazed at how clean the internals are with no signs of wear . best bit for me was no broken bolts lol and ive really enjoyed meself lol .ive orded a engine gaskit set and now looking for a set of piston rings . this is my first britsh bike so will be needing some advice soon i bet lol anyway i will keep you guys up to date as i go Sean :D
A workshop manual would be useful click here for one

http://archives.jampot.dk/Book/Workshop ... 7-1964.pdf
Paul
1960 Model 8
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy »

Ozmadman wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

Many Thanks Paul
A workshop manual would be useful click here for one

http://archives.jampot.dk/Book/Workshop ... 7-1964.pdf
Thanks paul thats handy i was going to buy 1 of the dreaded ebay lol thanks mate
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy »

hello again paul sorry to be a pain but just been on ebay and looking after a battery is this one ok 221061179555 for my old rusty lol thats her name now lol thanks mate
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Hellboy wrote:hello again paul sorry to be a pain but just been on ebay and looking after a battery is this one ok 221061179555 for my old rusty lol thats her name now lol thanks mate
Yep looks fine, I can't find out exactly what battery (amp hr) is supposed to be on there as it doesn't state this in either the handbook or workshop manual but I have an 11 amp hr one just like that on mine and it's fine

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
clive

Post by clive »

the original bike in this thread looked pretty good to me, but I am not a lightweight man (true both of bike and physic) however is there a warning in the advert which says it is good for "a first furore into the classic motorcycle scene." ? Cambridge dictionary definition of furore " sudden excited or angry reaction to something by a lot of people" :lol:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

clive wrote:the original bike in this thread looked pretty good to me, but I am not a lightweight man (true both of bike and physic) however is there a warning in the advert which says it is good for "a first furore into the classic motorcycle scene." ? Cambridge dictionary definition of furore " sudden excited or angry reaction to something by a lot of people" :lol:
Guess it should say "....for a first foray into the classic motorcycle scene............"

'Course it could be the new owner's first millstone, ahem, milestone as well, too, also, innit.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'