update

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
Hellboy

update

Post by Hellboy »

hi folks ive had my new tyres so ive fitted them last week and i rode old rusty for the first time last friday 31/06/2013 down the road and back & thats the first time she turned a wheel on her on steam in over 44 years. but the clutch was well stuck so off came the side cover and i stripped the clutch gave it a good clean etc etc put it back together and rode it again bloody brill all the gears works fine and ive been testing it all weekend she starts second kick and she rides lovely all lights work & ive fitted a solo seat just looking forward to v5 coming back and riding. i will post some pics when i find out how to do it lol thanks for all your help :D
saltbox alf
Deceased

Re: update

Post by saltbox alf »

There's nothing like your first ride after the bike has slept for so many years, well done.
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
Ozmadman

Re: update

Post by Ozmadman »

Hellboy wrote: i will post some pics when i find out how to do it lol thanks for all your help :D
Hi well done with the bike, you may have a problem attaching pictures on a forum guest thingy?? Just see if you have an options / upload attachment button just under the message window when you write your message. If you have then you can, just click on it, a "choose file" button will then show, click on it and choose a picture stored on you PC, then click add file. You can attach up to 3 pictures on each message and they must be under 256 KB each.

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed